Author Topic: My sliding(double) Genioplasty (06-27-16)  (Read 10882 times)

needadvancement

Re: My sliding(double) Genioplasty (06-27-16)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 04:27:54 AM »
Weird start of the day. I woke up too early from having some flu symptoms, was so worried I almost called the hospital to let them know. I went back to sleep, had a strange dream about zombies and woke up a few hours later feeling much better and the runny nose is gone. lol what the hell.

ditterbo

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »
Just read this.  Gamble for sure, but eh maybe you'll luck out.  All the 'comfort' things you bring up (easy travel, cost, convenience) ring little alarm bells as things I prioritized over 'top' surgeon quality, and here I am with supposed motor nerve damage from a simple chin implant, when I really should have gotten bimax + sg.  Think I'm up for an even riskier surgery now??

needadvancement

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 08:01:32 AM »
I'm so messed up from all the meds and general anesthesia but I am home resting. My lips and teeth have no numbness but cant tell much else due to tight bandage. Talk to you guys later.

asphyxia

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 11:13:58 AM »
It's a very good thing to have sensations back so early, congrats, the most difficult part is behind you.
Pain can be disturbing the first few days, but it so worth it :)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »
I'm so messed up from all the meds and general anesthesia but I am home resting. My lips and teeth have no numbness but cant tell much else due to tight bandage. Talk to you guys later.
Good sign.  The less intense the initial numbness the less likely it is to be permanent.

cantstop

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »

Sounds great man, please post pics when you fully recover and all that

needadvancement

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 07:46:21 AM »
Thanks for the comments. I Feel 10x better today. A lot of swelling on the lower half of the face while the chin is strapped tight with the bandage, so I really can't tell what the result is going to be, that's gonna take a while. But I can see an increase in vertical height and the mentolabial fold decreased.
http://i.imgur.com/IvGpsmF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KjsxZPy.jpg

I don't feel any nerve problems anywhere, I think he used a different technique. The incision wasn't below the teeth but right between the incisors, I think he peeled down the gums to get down to the chin bone, similarly to the corticotomy he did last year. Maybe this avoided damaging any nerves? He said beforehand that since braces finished I still had black triangles, so I guess he tried to fix them while performing the SG at the same time. I will get to talk to him next monday.

cantstop

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 12:03:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing pics man. Good to hear you don't have any nerve damage

needadvancement

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 08:50:30 AM »
Thanks, no nerve damage at any point so I guess I dodged that bullet. I do see that my lower lip has rolled in a bit which I anticipated beforehand and actually wanted a bit since it used to hang lower than I liked. It looks a bit off though and there's still a lot of swelling at this point, not completely satisfied with the projection in profile but I think it will look better once swelling decreases. Vertical height looking good so far.

4.5 days post:
https://s31.postimg.org/m3m01bmyz/4_5_days_post_SG.jpg

cantstop

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 10:32:55 AM »
Yeah it's too early to tell but the front already looks much better than before

needadvancement

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 04:30:22 PM »

https://s32.postimg.org/dgi2pxi2d/scannen0002.jpg

Latest ceph. It looks conservative, it was about 4 mm forward/4mm down but since it was done in both directions the surgeon didn't want to make the gap too big. I like the result so far but I'm thinking if he should have advanced it forward a bit more. Would appriciate any thoughts.

rrrrttteww

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »
Looks great man, stoked for you. And no nerve damage is great.

needadvancement

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »
Thank you. Two weeks post-surgery, most swelling is gone.

I don't feel as satisfied now. My chin was so non-existent before that this improvement has only made me look 'normal'. I am thinking about getting another SG as a couple more MM's would make the satisfying difference.

I am wondering if my lower lip would become even thinner though. I also got a bit of the 'pointy chin' look from the front now. Can the chin bone be shaven into a less pointy shape and then brough forward to fix this? Anybody got experience with two SG's in a row?

Everything else was a walk in the park. Much easier surgery than I thought, should have done this YEARS ago.

Bobbit

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
Thank you. Two weeks post-surgery, most swelling is gone.

I don't feel as satisfied now. My chin was so non-existent before that this improvement has only made me look 'normal'. I am thinking about getting another SG as a couple more MM's would make the satisfying difference.

I am wondering if my lower lip would become even thinner though. I also got a bit of the 'pointy chin' look from the front now. Can the chin bone be shaven into a less pointy shape and then brough forward to fix this? Anybody got experience with two SG's in a row?

Everything else was a walk in the park. Much easier surgery than I thought, should have done this YEARS ago.

Did they do a multi-segment osteotomy on your chin ?   Or just take the chin with the single cut and move it forward and down?

needadvancement

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »
Did they do a multi-segment osteotomy on your chin ?   Or just take the chin with the single cut and move it forward and down?

The latter. I will be asking my surgeon if he can do that(what is it called when they cut the chin in half and spread it to create width? T something I think..) I'm thinking it would only get more pointy with another SG.