Author Topic: Anyone consulted with Dr. Triaca?  (Read 2380 times)

mocha

Anyone consulted with Dr. Triaca?
« on: July 07, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
I've seen Dr. Triaca for a consult recently. I've consulted with quite a lot of surgeons to get myself well-informed but this was really something different. I'm wondering if anyone else has consulted with him (recently) and what your experience was?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:57:49 PM by mocha »

ismic

Re: Anyone consulted with Dr. Triaca?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:05:37 PM »
What was so special about it? Don't keep us hanging!

mocha

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 10:28:03 PM »
I figured that as a newbie I may just want to listen first and talk later  ::).

However, I actually didn't get to see any before/after pictures, spoke only briefly to Dr. Triaca since he was called on the telephone on several occasions during the consult, people walked in with questions several times, in addition he walked out since he had to talk to someone during the consult. (I had travelled 7 hours to get there, and another 7 hours to get back home). It was difficult to get any questions answered (since there was not much time left for the consult), and the information I got differed on several occasions: it was really quite confusing.
 I left thinking he should be a very good surgeon (although the consult gave me not too many points of reference, unfortunately, but my research prior to the consult told me he is a very good surgeon) and with that in mind I was thinking I may still want to undergo surgery with him. At the same time I am unsure how this should proceed if I were to undergo surgery with him, if I can't get my questions answered or if things are so confusing. I have consulted with several surgeons the past years to try to inform myself and have not experienced anything like this.

However, I read here that someone had a marvelous and very informative consult with him, so I'm wondering if it was just my experience. On the other hand someone on Progenica was set to undergo surgery with him and cancelled, not willing yet to share why.

I feel the result is what counts, but I really would not know how to undergo surgery this way. I'm just hoping I caught him on an 'off day'?

MrFox

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:51:04 PM »
I always had the feeling that he wouldn't listen to people, I've never met him but just by looking at him and watching his body language in a video.
A doctor I met in Klinik Pyramide said he is retiring this year anyway?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:24:02 AM »
Spoke to him on the phone a year ago for about 30 minutes. Didn't charge me anything. He really loves his chin wings, so I don't see him retiring anytime soon.  A few months later I asked for a morph.  He replied with a hasty weird-looking chin wing morph.  I asked for a clarification of his plan.  He replied that he cannot discuss anything without seeing me first.  And that was that.

tldr; If what you need is a chin wing, he's your man.  (Even as I think that in many cases he's basically simulating CCW rotation with his wings.  So if you need CCW, get that, and then a chin wing if necessary later.)

mocha

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:47:02 AM »
Frankly I felt he was certainly not unwilling to listen to what I would want. The problem was really that, well frankly it was chaotic.
There was not much time, other calls/conversations took place during the consult on perhaps 5 occasions including phone calls and him leaving the room to talk to someone somewhere. He apologized generously though and of course I understood he was occupied. I think they gave me an hour, but I spoke very little to him in that hour in other words, and was flabbergasted when they guided me to the waiting area realizing this had been the consult (in which I was unable to get any of the questions answered from the paper with questions I had taken with me). Travelling for 14 hours that day, it did affect me a bit.
And when I asked him one question per email after the consult I was unable to get even get a brief reply from him but it was instantly sent to his staff who tried to formulate a reply.

However I don't want to nag about minor things. It is just the complete situation that left me confused, not having been able to get any questions answered in the consult, and not sure anymore by now what to expect at all. And I guess I found it difficult to get an idea of Dr. Triaca as a surgeon and person (how would he react if I would have complications in other words; would he be driven to solve and empathic, or would I be on my own?)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:46:35 AM by mocha »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »
Chin wings are like rhinoplasty. Before you do one, make sure you can afford two. I don't think they are as risky as noise jobs aesthetically - a bad nose job can really screw up one's looks, but often there's only so much that can be done in one chin wing and bone resorption is a real risk (too many asymmetry reports).
I think his most impressive results are just that - multiple chin wings.

mike888miller

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 08:53:46 AM »
have only seen his protoge d brusco.

have also heard conflicting stories about him retiring or not.

BlueShark7

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »
May be a silly question but does Brusco do chin wings? If Triaca retires then presumably Brusco would take over?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 10:31:21 PM »
May be a silly question but does Brusco do chin wings? If Triaca retires then presumably Brusco would take over?
Yes he does them as well.