Author Topic: How ugly am I? Should I even bother with pursuing jaw surgery?  (Read 5797 times)

tjarrr

How ugly am I? Should I even bother with pursuing jaw surgery?
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
Hi, I recently joined this group because I'm 23 and only now began to realize my physical flaws -- before then it had always been very elusive to me. What I discovered since was that I have an underdeveloped mandible, and Class II jaw relationship (although I have normal dentition, I have a slight overbite and my molars are mesially rotated but still close on top of each other). Obviously my profile is convex.

I was a mouth breather, if not a chronic one, for my entire childhood up till age 19 when I had a deviated septum fixed. I'm not sure how much I fit the classic mouth-breathing appearance -- what does it look like? What I've learned from my own reading is apparently the face starts to grow vertically rather than outward. I'd say that's definitely true in my case. If you look at my side profile, my features look like they are sliding off of my face -- there are no prominent bones, angles, etc that give dimension to my face. Also, my forehead is very recessed.

What I'm wondering what kind of jaw surgery is recommended, or would it be possible to get jaw/chin implants instead? Which would give a better look?

Also, I know my cheekbones are weird, but I can't exactly explain why or know what procedures would need to be done to correct them. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

joecinq03

Re: How ugly am I? Should I even bother with pursuing jaw surgery?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 02:05:31 PM »
The only concerning about you is that haircut, get it cut real short.

You look fine/normal duder.

tjarrr

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »
Both of you, please be honest. I get made fun of on a daily basis for my appearance. I can't pick up dates, I'm never anyone's choice for hanging out or going to a party with, and I'm never invited to the club/anywhere. A couple of days ago I was with someone at a bar and I asked him whether I was ugly and demanding he give me an honest answer -- he didn't answer and instead started crying. I know I'm ugly, and it doesn't help me to deny it because then I don't know what I can do to fix myself.

joecinq03

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »
100% honest, you're a pretty good looking dude. My actual reaction after reading your post then seeing your pics was that you were trolling.

Just get a haircut and shave that crazy neck hair, go to a barber. Beyond that, appearance isn't the issue.

If you're having crippling self-confidence issues I recommend seeing a therapist, but from a complete stranger who truly doesn't care you look completely normal.

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
Unless you have a combination of OSA, weird teeth alignment, maaybe slide your jaw forward to form your bite, then I don't think you want bimax.  I see a slight recession that can be fixed via cosmetic surgery.  Maybe all you need is a SG to make you happy.. just a tad more forward growth in the jaw is probably all you need to get your face a tad more masculine.  Your not ugly at all, in fact I think some girls might find you cute.  So take that as average to a hair above average.  Go on reddit r/rateme and see what you get.  Given just the pictures you sent (ie no xray, etc.), I'm fairly certain no on here will think your a jaw surgery case (even if just for aesthetics).  I'd probably avoid a chin implant because you already have a pretty strong labiomental fold.  A chin implant will probably appear less natural.

Your hair aesthetics makes you look a bit like a pothead, IMO.  Clean up.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:21:22 PM by ditterbo »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 06:58:53 PM »
yeah your hair is retarded otherwise fine/handsome.

UnderMunch

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 03:37:43 AM »
I agree with everyone: Your hair is a mess, but otherwise you're fine. No feature of your face is recessed and your nose is absolutely perfect for a man. Everything is very harmonious.

Many people are turned off by the hippie-ish look, and only want someone who has a fresh haircut and looks squeaky clean. I think your style is your only real problem.

People who benifit from jaw surgery and rhinoplasty have noticeably deficiencies in their lower third or mid face, and I don't see this here.

diculo

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »
You could improve your looks by improving your eye area and your jaw. Your jaw could be bigger with implants.

Aurelius

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »
dude you look good

that said, jaw implants/ chin wing would indeed make you more attractive.

the others said your hairstyle isnt good - I think your overall style is more of an issue, especially the hat. Id cut the sides super short. you have great hair to pull it off, especially with your stubble.

mynameis

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 04:22:45 PM »
The hair is a mess, no offense. With neater hair cut and better style, you are definitely goodlooking enough to get dates.

Not including the hair. Right side of your face looks perfect. Eye droops a bit on the left, not sure if there's a surgical fix for that, if there is you could get that and maybe some undereye filler on the left for increased symmetry?

Don't listen to anyone saying jaw implants, your jaws are good. Some sort of genioplasty at most for better chin width/projection, but i'd hardly recommend it.

To answer your question, I don't think you should pursue jaw surgery based on those pictures you posted.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »
you don't need anything, just work out and put on a bit of weight.

Dude your hair looks like a nest into which f**king crows would perch. Go get a proper mad men style undercut.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:54:19 PM by Lazlo »

Lynnwood

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:32 AM »
Dude. You are fine! Seriously. I'll be honest here. Shoot real straight. Clean up. Get rid of the facial hair. You look unkempt. Lose the hat. Sorry, but it's not doing you any favors. Reminds me of a Beatnik. Get a Haircut, something trendy. Brush your teeth really good and pop an Altoids. A bit of expensive cologne, not too much. Just a hint. Get some new clothes or put on a clean shirt and slacks. Smile. You'll look like a million bucks, and feel like it too.

Hit the club in that new look and you'll be amazed.

PS: Your cheekbones are great. There's people that pay to have cheekbones exactly like yours.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:38:05 AM by Lynnwood »

Wheatsnax

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 07:46:03 AM »
Eh, it looks to me like his mandibular recession/hypoplasia with prominent chin is actually camouflaging an otherwise weak malar area and profile in general? His neck posture is pretty forward in the picture too.

tjarrr

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 07:48:32 AM »
Eh, it looks to me like his mandibular recession/hypoplasia with prominent chin is actually camouflaging an otherwise weak malar area and profile in general? His neck posture is pretty forward in the picture too.

Could you explain more about what you mean by this?

strongjawman

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
I am being 100% honest in my opinion/speculation; you don't get asked out to clubs/dates whatever because you don't have any confidence which in turn makes you act like an awkward spastic. Seriously, who asks another dude at a bar if they are ugly or not and demands an answer. Talk about being overbearing, bars are for having a drink and unwinding from a s**tty week at work and having a laugh, not unloading your insecurities onto other people which is draining as f**k for the other person.

You have a strong jaw, strong chin, decent forward growth and a strong nose. Your hair is untidy and you clearly don't even lift. Go to a hairstylist, buy a gym membership, a bag of potatoes and a chicken and start slapping some muscle on. Then you'll be batting girls away with your probably over hairy cock.

Btw you're above average looking.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:14:00 PM by strongjawman »