Author Topic: dream patient, unsatisfactory outcome?  (Read 13387 times)

fedfan

Re: dream patient, unsatisfactory outcome?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »
I agree with OP that while the result was good, it could've been a lot better.

If the surgeon was more aggresive and wanted to improve her aesthetics as much as possible, he could have suggested a nasion reduction, since hers is pretty shallow. This is more noticeable in profile, where if you didn't know beforehand how her front looked, you would probably think she has a long nose because of how shallow her nasion is which makes her nose appear longer than it is.

Another thing, as another poster already pointed out, is that her jaw looks a little too big and masculine. She would've benefited from having her chin shortened and her jawline shaved down.

Here is what I think the outcome could've been had she undergone the procedures I mentioned above:

CK

• Private
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »
i have yet to see a case of jawbone shaving, though i have heard about it several times here. chin shortening is a definite possibility though i think it could have been accomplished, i imagine the risks are more or less the same as a genio.

this seems ideal, but i doubt a surgeon would have the time or willingness to do this. everything is done according to a standard these days. you have to fit into the mold.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
i'm worried that 2mm impaction (on one side and 1.5 mm impaction is too little for my case....does it make a significant impact? (on the lengthiness of the face)??'

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
(It's anterior impaction...so basically ccw!!)....i know it will shorten it...but will it be ENOUGH? will it make a significant impact?

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 03:38:43 PM »
enough to achieve a not long ugly face.

I don't know if i want more...i don't know if 1.5/2 mm actually makes a difference at all!!

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
i hope that too.

Heavyweight

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »
I think this is a fantastic result. Her surgeon made all the right movements, imo.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »
I consulted with him and was told mine would take 3-4 hours, which is on par with other surgeons. There are legit reasons to want to minimize surgical time, though, if it can be done with the same results and invasiveness. These surgeries used to take twice as long a decade ago. Maybe he also saves money in OR fees, though that's largely passed on to the patient in the US.

2jawkorea

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 11:26:55 AM »
jaw bone shaving is common procedure in korea,

the mandible is shaved on an angle to produce a steap sharp jawline combined with genioplasty, sides of the chin may also be shaved down to produce a v shaped look or a t osteotomy may be performed to make the chin look less wide.

buzzhead

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 12:20:34 PM »
I think that a woman can get away with more gum show.  Looks young and refreshed in my opinion.

terry947

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »
ive read a thread on here that the sorter the surgery the faster the healing. Also shorter times under anesthesia is also a good thing. Also Alfaro does a lot of surgical planning pre-surgery which is why its done at a faster pace, vs other some other surgeons.

I think this girl had amazing results.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 12:43:47 PM »
I think she just has either short crowns or excess gum.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
She's gorgeous! I bet she's delighted with the result.

ForeverDet

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »
Yeah other than the front two teeth, the rest are a bit too small. Exposing them would reduce her gum show a bit. However occasionally you'll have even natural Class I's with perfect everything with one or two "defects" e.g. gummy smile, excessively steep occlusal plane, zero upper incisor display at rest, etc.

Which just shows that a lot of imperfections aren't actually defects but rather normal variation that are not typical.

She had a great result, super cute too. 

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
I wish Dr Alfaro operated here. He was my favorite of all the surgeons I consulted. The flight is 15 hours, different country, ... just too much.