Author Topic: I ACTUALLY BELIEVE A LOT OF THIS s**t  (Read 39355 times)

Lazlo

• Private
I ACTUALLY BELIEVE A LOT OF THIS s**t
« on: June 29, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »
But I think it takes a while to manifest, like if your family has been eating this way for generations. I've noticed villagers in India have incredible teeth and jawlines--they're farmers and eat very hearty non-processed foods, whereas all the rich middle class indians who live in the cities and eat tons of fried processed junk have shallow cheekbones, class 2, weak chins etc. etc.

http://www.westonaprice.org/dentistry/mental-or-dental

Lazlo

• Private
Re: I ACTUALLY BELIEVE A LOT OF THIS s**t
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 10:30:16 PM »
apparently this butter oil stuff is supposed to be close to what our ancestors ate to give them wellformed jaws. I'm just going to eat a s**t of it to see if it at least helps in keeping what i have.

i ordered two bottles and they arrived recently. it's expensive as s**t and tastes a bit whack but i'm going to just od on it.

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/ButterOil/

x

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:40:09 PM »
Eh. what's done is done. I don't doubt that there's both a genetic and environmental contribution to facial development, and it's most definitely multifactorial.

When a face grows downward rather than forward it almost always seems to indicate some bad environmental factor imo. The more forward growing, the more healthy and attractive in almost every respect. But features that are unrelated to bone development (hair & skin quality) can make more of a difference than optimal bone growth so there is that.

examples of optimal forward growth

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
Eh. what's done is done. I don't doubt that there's both a genetic and environmental contribution to facial development, and it's most definitely multifactorial.

When a face grows downward rather than forward it almost always seems to indicate some bad environmental factor imo. The more forward growing, the more healthy and attractive in almost every respect. But features that are unrelated to bone development (hair & skin quality) can make more of a difference than optimal bone growth so there is that.

yeah baby, that's why i'm all about the lefort 2!!!

x

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
yeah baby, that's why i'm all about the lefort 2!!!
lol.

lefort 2 is a step in the right direction. distraction osteogenesis is the future, 20-30 years from now when they have the precision down it will be pretty amazing. eventually there will be no ugly peoply, anyone who wants to modify themselves to be beautiful will be able to do so. Humans outsmarting biology.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 11:01:28 PM »
20 years for sure.

x

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 11:07:08 PM »
20 years... needs to happen now goddamnit!  >:(

if what scientists are saying is true about immortality being possible soon, I need to have kids. then they can live forever and, when the science comes around, reincarnate me so I can take advantage of always these scientific advancements  ;D

x

• Private
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
thinking about it tho, it's borderline creepy how a few mm of facial bone growth in a different direction can alter your life significantly

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »
20 years... needs to happen now goddamnit!  >:(

if what scientists are saying is true about immortality being possible soon, I need to have kids. then they can live forever and, when the science comes around, reincarnate me so I can take advantage of always these scientific advancements  ;D

it is interesting to think of the psychological implications. i don't think they'll actually be able to make anyone handsome in 20 years honestly. i mean there will be a lot more stuff for kids for sure. remember 50-70 percent of beauty is actually just youth. so if you're past 40 you ain't gonna look that great no matter what they do to your jaw etc..

i can't really see how they'll reverse aging though. i mean that would require really weird s**t like cloning skin and then having microsurgery to put you in a new skin envelope. I mean i suppose it's doable and really cost-prohibitive. But i bet there'd be weird tell tale signs of seeing like an 80 year old in a young man's body. like he'd still have really s**t breath or something or weird sunken in eyes.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 11:16:20 PM »
or maybe people will just look like this guy, i mean he's madonna's dermatologist and he's like 80. He didn't have a wide jaw before or smooth skin, he's constructed that s**t out of filler. I think he looks pretty good...........NOT!

He looks like a f**king FREAKSHOW and just think what he must look like naked.

[attachment deleted by admin]

x

• Private
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 11:19:22 PM »
it is interesting to think of the psychological implications. i don't think they'll actually be able to make anyone handsome in 20 years honestly. i mean there will be a lot more stuff for kids for sure. remember 50-70 percent of beauty is actually just youth. so if you're past 40 you ain't gonna look that great no matter what they do to your jaw etc..

i can't really see how they'll reverse aging though. i mean that would require really weird s**t like cloning skin and then having microsurgery to put you in a new skin envelope. I mean i suppose it's doable and really cost-prohibitive. But i bet there'd be weird tell tale signs of seeing like an 80 year old in a young man's body. like he'd still have really s**t breath or something or weird sunken in eyes.
yeah there's 50 thousand factors you have to account for, we aren't even close to accounting for everything that makes us age... but if you're immortal then time isn't really an issue lol. and more importantly if you can get to the root cause of aging and halt that (I have no idea what that is I'm not a scientist, cell reproduction?), you may just be able to stop everything else. of course the wear of the environment over time will take it's toll and may require medication or something of some sort, but if your cells are kept in a constant state of 'youthfulness' then they are more prone to quicker healing. I'm just blowing smoke here, but theoretically it does seem possible to stop aging, it's a matter of addressing the root cause rather than trying to stop wrinkled skin, sunken in eyes, etc. which are all just a byproduct of the cells of course.

and if time isn't an issue, there's always the possibility of discovering reverse agin  ;)

this is all optimistic thinking. I find God too preposterous to believe in, so the future of science provides more comfort to me

CK

• Private
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »

this is why i have become super suspicious of appliances and orthodontic forces on the face on kids. it has to mess with their growth. it really is a shame how reckless orthos can be and parents remain completely ignorant. most teens who get braces probably don't even need them.

x

• Private
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
this is why i have become super suspicious of appliances and orthodontic forces on the face on kids. it has to mess with their growth. it really is a shame how reckless orthos can be and parents remain completely ignorant. most teens who get braces probably don't even need them.
honestly I think we overstate the strength braces can have on development of the face. is there anything to suggest that they prevent forward development? Both my brothers had braces and came out unscathed.

I think a lot stronger a case can be made for unusual respiratory pattern being a cause, since it is so crucial & tied to overall health and development, it isn't surprising in the least that if it suffers, your whole development does.

CK

• Private
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 02:02:15 AM »
honestly I think we overstate the strength braces can have on development of the face. is there anything to suggest that they prevent forward development? Both my brothers had braces and came out unscathed.

I think a lot stronger a case can be made for unusual respiratory pattern being a cause, since it is so crucial & tied to overall health and development, it isn't surprising in the least that if it suffers, your whole development does.

i dont mean braces generally but there are a lot of tools and appliances - headgear for example which has a proven effect on jaw and facial growth. orthos are trained in jaw growth and orthodontic treatment is often designed with that issue in mind. not just about the teeth.

sesnut

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:04 PM »
I'm sorry, but there are plenty of tribes on nat geo that eat unprocessed food and don't have perfect teeth or jaws.