Author Topic: How long to wait to do implants after chinwing?  (Read 7754 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: How long to wait to do implants after chinwing?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »
And what about:

1) He did not execute what was planned and promised. He did things i haven't asked for, and things that clearly are disadvantageous aestethically, like bringing back the chin 4 mm. I lost the projection I had build with the chin implant, having a retruded chin again.
2) The surgeons I consulted confirmed based on ct scan that there were very weird things, like 'floating big pieces of bone within the masseter (we still don't know why, and these surgeons, with all their experience, still don't understand). They also didn't understand lowering the jaw so much at the right side compared to the left side, nor did they understand the 4mm setback of the chin, nor the cut and paste of pieces of bone. You can't build angularity by sticking a piece of bone at the jawangles during surgery. Also, you need to carefully plan this with a design/model, for example with peeks or medpor. I also never heard of sticking pieces of bone at jawangles, neither on this board. Sounds extremely weird to me.

Whole thing on the ct and reality looks like as if a child builds a house from carbon or sticks: looks very messy/sloppy, very unprofessional, someone who clearly doesn't have a clue what he was doing/doesn't have the experience/level of skil.ls to perform this.

All those things you listed fit into his making a guarantee as a promo come on and not living up to it.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »
I think that's a hard case in europe, what I remember from previous threads there was also discussions regarding a revision from the surgery. So if the surgeon is offering a revision (don't know if that's the actual case), I think he's off the hook since he's offering to work with it until satisfaction.

The OP stated the doctor told him he would not help him anymore.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 11:10:40 PM »
The OP stated the doctor told him he would not help him anymore.

Yes, but as I understand because the patient has decided to move on to a new surgeon and made it pretty clear he doesn't trust him to perform more surgery. It doesn't sound like the patient even would allow him to try a revision, and I'm not sure the statement would guarantee money back, or just "I can try until you don't want me to try any more". I mean, I'm not arguing for the surgeon, just thinking about if it would be worth trying as a legal case.

ben from UK

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 12:21:03 AM »
Yes, but as I understand because the patient has decided to move on to a new surgeon and made it pretty clear he doesn't trust him to perform more surgery. It doesn't sound like the patient even would allow him to try a revision, and I'm not sure the statement would guarantee money back, or just "I can try until you don't want me to try any more". I mean, I'm not arguing for the surgeon, just thinking about if it would be worth trying as a legal case.

That's not the case. I asked for a revision, he said he would do it. After 1.5 months, I went to see another surgeon, who had doubts about the procedure, but couldn't tell me what was wrong exactly (technically), as he didn't see the ct scan. Also, there was swelling, so he said to wait till after the swelling was gone. I talked about my visit with this surgeon, and then Brusco became defensive and told me 'you have more confidence in other surgeons, go to them, I don't want to treat you anymore'. I asked for a full refund, based on the aestethical outcome, but I didn't have enough technical evidence and didn't know exactly what was wrong. Brusco said after a couple of mails he would only give back 7k. I denied this offer, but when he didn't respond to my mails, I was forced to accept the 7k. Then came the ct scan, and new information came up, which I didn't know before. Turned out it was an extremely bad job (and I'm being euphemistic), not only eastethically, but also technically, and that it was far off the initial plan. I already wrote what was wrong in this thread. The new surgeon pointed out several huge mistakes and weird things. I then asked Brusco again for a full refund, based on new evidence and information, which I didn't know before (and Brusco never gave any information when asking), and he said I will never get the full refund, that he didn't want to hear about it and even that I was a bad person (I was very decent in what I wrote in the mails, never raised my tone or attacked him personally, it was purely a technical explanation, but I wanted to let him know he made mistakes).

As you can see, I didn't want to name who the surgeon was in my first posts, to not sound like a b*tchy ex-patient. It was only until someone asked who the surgeon was and when I got pm's, that I felt the obligation to name who the surgeon was.

So, it is what it is, and parts of my story have been confirmed by others through pm and in this thread. There is always a subjective part, I'm aware that my story is not the full story, cause it is my own case, and every case is different. But when important parts of my story are being confirmed by others, it should be a red flag for everyone. Do what you do with this information. There are others who can do the same procedure: T., Z., etc.

I will not talk further in this thread, like I say, I don't want to sound like a b*tchy ex patient, and i need to focus my attention on the revision. This whole thing took away alot of energy, time, money (I spent alot of money on traveling, new consultations and ct scans as well, far more than the amount for the cw), bad sleep and anxiety all the time. What I said has been said. I gave full information now, and if that can help other people to take better decisions than the stupid decisions I took, then I probably did something right.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 12:48:01 AM »
That's not the case. I asked for a revision, he said he would do it. After 1.5 months, I went to see another surgeon, who had doubts about the procedure, but couldn't tell me what was wrong exactly (technically), as he didn't see the ct scan. Also, there was swelling, so he said to wait till after the swelling was gone. I talked about my visit with this surgeon, and then Brusco became defensive and told me 'you have more confidence in other surgeons, go to them, I don't want to treat you anymore'. I asked for a full refund, based on the aestethical outcome, but I didn't have enough technical evidence and didn't know exactly what was wrong. Brusco said after a couple of mails he would only give back 7k. I denied this offer, but when he didn't respond to my mails, I was forced to accept the 7k. Then came the ct scan, and new information came up, which I didn't know before. Turned out it was an extremely bad job (and I'm being euphemistic), not only eastethically, but also technically, and that it was far off the initial plan. I already wrote what was wrong in this thread. The new surgeon pointed out several huge mistakes and weird things. I then asked Brusco again for a full refund, based on new evidence and information, which I didn't know before (and Brusco never gave any information when asking), and he said I will never get the full refund, that he didn't want to hear about it and even that I was a bad person (I was very decent in what I wrote in the mails, never raised my tone or attacked him personally, it was purely a technical explanation, but I wanted to let him know he made mistakes).

As you can see, I didn't want to name who the surgeon was in my first posts, to not sound like a b*tchy ex-patient. It was only until someone asked who the surgeon was and when I got pm's, that I felt the obligation to name who the surgeon was.

So, it is what it is, and parts of my story have been confirmed by others through pm and in this thread. There is always a subjective part, I'm aware that my story is not the full story, cause it is my own case, and every case is different. But when important parts of my story are being confirmed by others, it should be a red flag for everyone. Do what you do with this information. There are others who can do the same procedure: T., Z., etc.

I will not talk further in this thread, like I say, I don't want to sound like a b*tchy ex patient, and i need to focus my attention on the revision. This whole thing took away alot of energy, time, money (I spent alot of money on traveling, new consultations and ct scans as well, far more than the amount for the cw), bad sleep and anxiety all the time. What I said has been said. I gave full information now, and if that can help other people to take better decisions than the stupid decisions I took, then I probably did something right.

Just to be clear, I had no intention to comment on the outcome of the procedure or how you had been treated with the above, and it also seems like I didn't have all the facts. It surely doesn't sound like things have been handled or performed right here.

ben from UK

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 02:30:02 AM »
Just to be clear, I had no intention to comment on the outcome of the procedure or how you had been treated with the above, and it also seems like I didn't have all the facts. It surely doesn't sound like things have been handled or performed right here.

No problem man, you always have to be sceptical about anything anybody says anyway, and use your own judgement.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »

Well, for a legal case, it would have to be established with NO DOUBT, the doctor abandoned him and did so 'because' he consulted with other doctors and ALSO did so WITHOUT formally ending the patient/doctor relationship (usually done via a letter of explanation).

Admittedly, the OP's statement that the doctor told him he would not help him anymore looks like it could lead to an argument for abandonment BUT if the facts and circumstances are that the doctor offered to do a revision or offered in any way to 'make good' BUT the patient decided to have another doctor correct the work, then it would be the OP; the patient who ended the doctor/patient relationship which would NOT be 'abandonment' on part of doctor. So, from the perspective of a lawyer looking for CLEAR CUT facts/circumstances associated with abandonment, he/she would most likely say: 'Sorry can't help if the doc offered to do a revise but you elected not to have him do it.' So, if the OP later states the doctor did offer a revise BUT it was the OP who elected NOT to have the doctor do it, then most certainly not 'abandonment' and not worth it for a lawyer to proceed on grounds of abandonment.

Now as to the promise of 'satisfaction' made in the doctor's PROMO video, well in medicine and that includes aesthetic medical it's QUESTIONABLE ETHICS to promise satisfaction and/or promise a GUARANTEE that one will be so satisfied. Ethical doctors DON'T make those type of promises. However, it would depend on what ever REGULATORY body there was and whether or not it was aimed at PRECLUDING doctors from marketing via such promises. So if there is no BODY whether it be a professional organization or a gov branch that would PRECLUDE doctors from making the type of promises an ethical doctor would not make, there would be no venue to report the doctor for having openly made that promise/guarantee. Hence patients would be on their own to know how ethical doctors present and if they don't know how to make that distinction in marketing and promo materials, they will be more at risk with their choices than a patient who CAN distinguish good ethics within a doctor's marketing materials.

ben from UK

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 11:06:37 AM »
Well, for a legal case, it would have to be established with NO DOUBT, the doctor abandoned him and did so 'because' he consulted with other doctors and ALSO did so WITHOUT formally ending the patient/doctor relationship (usually done via a letter of explanation).

Admittedly, the OP's statement that the doctor told him he would not help him anymore looks like it could lead to an argument for abandonment BUT if the facts and circumstances are that the doctor offered to do a revision or offered in any way to 'make good' BUT the patient decided to have another doctor correct the work, then it would be the OP; the patient who ended the doctor/patient relationship which would NOT be 'abandonment' on part of doctor. So, from the perspective of a lawyer looking for CLEAR CUT facts/circumstances associated with abandonment, he/she would most likely say: 'Sorry can't help if the doc offered to do a revise but you elected not to have him do it.' So, if the OP later states the doctor did offer a revise BUT it was the OP who elected NOT to have the doctor do it, then most certainly not 'abandonment' and not worth it for a lawyer to proceed on grounds of abandonment.

Now as to the promise of 'satisfaction' made in the doctor's PROMO video, well in medicine and that includes aesthetic medical it's QUESTIONABLE ETHICS to promise satisfaction and/or promise a GUARANTEE that one will be so satisfied. Ethical doctors DON'T make those type of promises. However, it would depend on what ever REGULATORY body there was and whether or not it was aimed at PRECLUDING doctors from marketing via such promises. So if there is no BODY whether it be a professional organization or a gov branch that would PRECLUDE doctors from making the type of promises an ethical doctor would not make, there would be no venue to report the doctor for having openly made that promise/guarantee. Hence patients would be on their own to know how ethical doctors present and if they don't know how to make that distinction in marketing and promo materials, they will be more at risk with their choices than a patient who CAN distinguish good ethics within a doctor's marketing materials.

Thanks. I will consult with my lawyer about this.

By the way, it is highly likely, according to other surgeons, that he put large peaces of bone WITHIN the masseter to make it larger. Can you believe this? This alone would be a reason to charge money from him, in my opinion. I was shown the ct scan and you can see two big pieces of bone, just sitting there in the masseter, on both sides, which means he put them there by purpose. I just cannot believe it, still shocked about what i saw on ct scan: pieces of bone, loose screw, silicone implant just cut in half, just like that, pieces of bone sticked on jawangle, extremely asymmetric work, lengthening chin which I did not ask for (was discussed many times, he even explicitly asked if I wanted it and I said no, and he still does it), totally not according to plan.

This guy should not even have the right to practice what he does. He shouldn't even have a license.

I was told Triaca said he left him as a pupil while he had almost no experience (other people on this board can confirm this story). Triaca wants nothing to do with him anymore and says he's trying to act like an expert while he totally lacks expertise. This man should not allowed to do these kind of procedures.

I will consult my lawyer for sure.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »

OK, from what you say here--and remember, I'm looking at this in terms of a case of possible abandonment as in legal recourse--it looks like he did something, made some offer to make things good. The salient thing being the offer of 7K where acceptance of that along with his telling you he didn't want to treat you anymore could be considered a 'formal' way for him to end the patient/doctor relationship, in which case it would not be considered abandonment.

So, even if you got information LATER ON that he really SCREWED UP BADLY, your acceptance of the 7K BEFORE you got all the info is basically a 'contract' where he's in the clear of abandonment and also in the clear of further negotiations for more of a refund.

I know I told you prior to look into more of legal exploration as to abandonment. But as you further clarify the facts and circumstances, it's not looking like a clear cut case of abandonment because he made some offer to make good via a refund and you accepted it.

As to the TIMING; the timing of INFORMATION vs. the timing of ACCEPTANCE of the offer, it's the timing of the acceptance of the offer that comes first.

Basically, he got you to accept a LOW refund offer BEFORE you obtained more information for a better offer. With that, it also acted as 'contract' to END the doctor/patient relationship, something where he could stop further communications with you about further refunds. So, not a case for abandonment.

Now, none of that denies you had a bad experience with the doctor and other doctors found problems with how he did the surgery and that dealing with him was stressful. It even confirms he was on the DEFENSE. Like he may have had some reason to think that you could find out later more problems with his work and perhaps was his strategy to get you to accept the low offer before you found out more! But not a case for abandonment.

Sorry you had to go through all this and I wish you the best of luck with a satisfactory outcome in the future.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
Thanks. I will consult with my lawyer about this.

By the way, it is highly likely, according to other surgeons, that he put large peaces of bone WITHIN the masseter to make it larger. Can you believe this? This alone would be a reason to charge money from him, in my opinion. I was shown the ct scan and you can see two big pieces of bone, just sitting there in the masseter, on both sides, which means he put them there by purpose. I just cannot believe it, still shocked about what i saw on ct scan: pieces of bone, loose screw, silicone implant just cut in half, just like that, pieces of bone sticked on jawangle, extremely asymmetric work, lengthening chin which I did not ask for (was discussed many times, he even explicitly asked if I wanted it and I said no, and he still does it), totally not according to plan.

This guy should not even have the right to practice what he does. He shouldn't even have a license.

I was told Triaca said he left him as a pupil while he had almost no experience (other people on this board can confirm this story). Triaca wants nothing to do with him anymore and says he's trying to act like an expert while he totally lacks expertise. This man should not allowed to do these kind of procedures.

I will consult my lawyer for sure.

See my prior post which was not up there for you to read because you wrote this WHILE I was making it. The post explains why I no longer think it's a case for abandonment. But of course, that doesn't preclude you from cross referencing what I said in that post with a lawyer.

LeFort 3000

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 04:42:21 PM »
ben from the uk, how about you post some proof about those horrific things dr b. seems to have done to you instead of turning this into a witch hunt without any substance whatsoever? this is very unprofessional from the moderation to jump so easily into conclusions without the slightest bit of evidence...

im not standing on anyones side, but dr b. is the guy who has probably done the most scientific papers on chin wing osteotomie. calling him a charlatan is absurd. he might have done mistakes, i cant judge it without proof...and im not taking ben from the uk's word for it, because frankly, what you describe sounds absurd. why would he place bone inside the masseter? how would that even work?

dr b. has satiesfied customers, i know 2 of them myself, and maybe also some unsatiesfied customers like ben. but you know who also has had unsatiesfied customers? dr Z. there was a HUGE controversy over on the german jaw forum and a court case. also dr T, there are patients on this forum who are unsatiesfied with the results. another one is the famous dr eppley, there is a woman who swore he ruined her face and made her face melt away and whatnot. she made videos about him for years. turned out she was officially declared mentally ill some day...

every doctor has satiesfied and unsatiesfied patients, the call for charlatan is unfounded. the medical safety laws in switzerland are very strict. if dr b. was known for mispractice, you can be sure he would have got his license revoked already. he is not doing some s**tty implants or botox injections, he is cutting bones all over the face, this is a very serius matter and i really doubt he would just ruin your face for fun and giggles. if you provide evidence, we can discuss this objectively...if not, i rather think you are a person who is suffering from body dysmorphic disorder or something in that regard. the way you are spamming the forum with your godd*mn jaw just seems very unprofessional. dont get me wrong, i want nothing bad from you ben...but you really start to sound like your biggest problem are located in your head

again, if you provide evidence of malpractice (ct-scans etc), im the first one to support you. but i have the feeling we are never going to see such, because they wouldnt show any sign of malpractice whatsoever...its probably just you being unsatiesfied with the results, which is tragic on its own after so much cash spent

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:53:08 PM by LeFort 3000 »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »
ben from the uk, how about you post some proof about those horrific things dr b. seems to have done to you instead of turning this into a witch hunt without any substance whatsoever? this is very unprofessional from the moderation to jump so easily into conclusions without the slightest bit of evidence...

im not standing on anyones side, but dr b. is the guy who has probably done the most scientific papers on chin wing osteotomie. calling him a charlatan is absurd. he might have done mistakes, i cant judge it without proof...and im not taking ben from the uk's word for it, because frankly, what you describe sounds absurd. why would he place bone inside the masseter? how would that even work?

dr b. has satiesfied customers, i know 2 of them myself, and maybe also some unsatiesfied customers like ben. but you know who also has had unsatiesfied customers? dr Z. there was a HUGE controversy over on the german jaw forum and a court case. also dr T, there are patients on this forum who are unsatiesfied with the results. another one is the famous dr eppley, there is a woman who swore he ruined her face and made her face melt away and whatnot. she made videos about him for years. turned out she was officially declared mentally ill some day...

every doctor has satiesfied and unsatiesfied patients, the call for charlatan is unfounded. the medical safety laws in switzerland are very strict. if dr b. was known for mispractice, you can be sure he would have got his license revoked already. he is not doing some s**tty implants or botox injections, he is cutting bones all over the face, this is a very serius matter and i really doubt he would just ruin your face for fun and giggles. if you provide evidence, we can discuss this objectively...if not, i rather think you are a person who is suffering from body dysmorphic disorder or something in that regard. the way you are spamming the forum with your godd*mn jaw just seems very unprofessional. dont get me wrong, i want nothing bad from you ben...but you really start to sound like your biggest problem are located in your head

again, if you provide evidence of malpractice (ct-scans etc), im the first one to support you. but i have the feeling we are never going to see such, because they wouldnt show any sign of malpractice whatsoever...its probably just you being unsatiesfied with the results, which is tragic on its own after so much cash spent

Well, with regard to the 'moderation', please note that my conclusions were not the same as Bens and for reasons you state which is he didn't post photos, cephs, written assessment of other doctors of his outcomes for me to have the SAME conclusions as Bens.

From some of the things he said, I explored possibility of 'abandonment' but with more clarification from him, it didn't seem like that was the case and I told him so and why.

The other thing I looked at was Brusco's video where he basically made a 'guarantee' of satisfaction and we all know that NO doctor can guarantee satisfaction because there are no doctors who have ALL happy patients and that statement of 'guarantee' looked pretty questionable to me and it would WITHOUT Ben saying anything or even being on here.

As to Dr. B 'probably' being the one who has done the most scientific papers on chin wing, probably NOT....Most to all of them were done under the auspices of Triaca at the Pyramide klinic where it is quite common for the senior surgeon (T is the 'inventor' of the chin wing) to list a doctor working under him (Brusco) as co-author. I checked B's publication link which is on his web page menu as; 'KNOW HOW'. Most to all of the journal articles listed had Triaca as the (senior) author. The exceptions--those written ONLY by Brusco--were about SLEEP APNEA and Wilckodontics. There are some papers on there that APPEAR to be written solely by Brusco but when you click on them TRIACA is (senior) author. For the most part, those are the ones with a BLUE rectangular field that give appearance that Brusco is only author. Ref= http://dr-brusco.ch/publikationen/

Of course, none of what I said is meant to discourage you from asking Ben to show the documents, cephs you want in order to believe his story. Moderation makes no demands that you believe everyone's story. General rule of thumb is to take things with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your entry.

ben from UK

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »

If you read my posts and opening post closely, you'll see I didn't post his name until someone asked for it. So no, the reason I posted this wasn't a witchhunt. It was only to discuss some technical details after the results of the CT scan and the analysis of the scan by another surgeon. And yes, I'm angry. But I'm trying to control my emotions, saying this is my case. And i have the full right to call him a charlatan based on my case. Cause if you put bone within the masseter, combined with all the other mistakes, you deserve to be called a charlatan, and I'm being mild with that term. And yes, you can get proof if you want, through pm.

And if you read closely, I'm talking about the technical stuff, not even the aestethical outcome (which is a disaster).

I haven't posted here in a couple of weeks about my case, maybe two months I think. It's only after the analysis of the last CT scan, which is completely based on the analysis of the last surgeon, that I posted this.

You think I would invent this stuff? You think I care enough about Dr. B to invent this serious stuff? Give me a break.

Like I said in a previous post, I don't want to talk about it in this thread anymore. If you have questions, you can ask them through pm. I reacted one more time on Kavan because of the discussion about a lawsuit, which I'm considering. And yes, if I can put pressure on him online  by posting the complete technical disaster he has done, I Will do that. I don't even care about your opinion. This is some serious stuff, serious mistakes, involving my life, my case.  Everyone has an opinion, including you. That's fine, it's also fine if you don't believe me or have opposite opinions. That's how the world works. In the end, in your case, it doesn't really matter what I say, only your own judgement counts when you take your own decisions. I won't say I haven't made mistakes myself when it came to surgeries, but this is a case on itself.

I've got to fix some serious stuff which have nothing to do with BDD. 

And so what if other surgeons have made mistakes as well? That doesn't make this less of a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. Doesn't matter to me. This is my case, and huge mistakes were made in my case. Period.

It is what it is.

That being said, I respect your opinion. It's good to have a critical mindset. So, you've done the right thing for yourself, even if I don't want to be put in the position to defend myself, cause I want to focus on the revision and all other things just take away alot of energy, something I really don't need at the moment, it's been exhausting mentally.

@Kavan: I appriciate your comments. You have a no nonsense approach. No bulls**t, just facts, even if they're inconvenient for me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:51:55 PM by ben from UK »

swissguy

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 10:47:41 AM »
Hey ben
Sad to hear you had a bad experience with Brusco. I did chinwing and a zygomatic osteotomy with him at the start of the year. I perceived him as really knowledgeable and reputable so I considered returning to him for jaw angle implants and a genio to gain some vertical height. Granted, my chin was really f**ked up before so it was hard for him to f**k it up further. Your post makes me really reconsider it though. Im not saying you are a liar, but it would be great if you forwarded me the evidence (screenshot of mails, scans) so I can be 100% sure.
Thanks a lot in advance and good luck if you start a legal case

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
Hey ben
Sad to hear you had a bad experience with Brusco. I did chinwing and a zygomatic osteotomy with him at the start of the year. I perceived him as really knowledgeable and reputable so I considered returning to him for jaw angle implants and a genio to gain some vertical height. Granted, my chin was really f**ked up before so it was hard for him to f**k it up further. Your post makes me really reconsider it though. Im not saying you are a liar, but it would be great if you forwarded me the evidence (screenshot of mails, scans) so I can be 100% sure.
Thanks a lot in advance and good luck if you start a legal case

Personal experience with a doctor should trump the experience of others regarding any decision to be made whether or not to go back to him. That is to say, when there is UNCERTAINTY (posed by another's unfavorable experience), the better experience to prioritize is the one you KNOW enough about already which is your OWN.