Author Topic: Jaw Center in Los Angeles  (Read 20284 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Jaw Center in Los Angeles
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2019, 06:52:18 PM »
Let Gunson do his thing. His goal includes good aesthetics.
Yes, you can ask the other doc if they can do G's plans. After all, that's the reason for getting one from G.

Hey Kavan, sorry for the late reply. Sounds like a good idea, I'll just cut it down to gunson and his ortho, walklow.
Also, Dr. Barry Martin got back with me on a name of a maxfac at Walter Reed. But I think before I make a trip to the other
side of the country to see him, I'll go with your suggestion and consult with military maxfacs here.

On my consult with Gunson, if my goal is for aesthetics only, should I make that
clear? Or should I just let him do his thing.

Would you suggest at my consult with the military maxfac, asking them directly if they will perform gunsons surgery plans?
Or should I just keep quiet, see what they recommend, compare their plan to gunsons, then deciding from there?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Austinou88

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2019, 07:03:37 PM »
As to 'Civilian' doctors, instead of automatically associating the word; 'Civilian' with 'better' (than military doctors)--you ARE making that automatic association-- try THIS association INSTEAD:

Civilian doctors = FOR PROFIT doctors who are not serving the country and who are going to CHARGE someone who IS the SAME $$$$$ they would charge a civilian with a lot of $$$$.

Military doctors= Concern about your well being and health (because they have incentive to keep you in service for as long as possible) AND they are concerned enough that they are going to give you a FREE surgery.

So, PRACTICE making THOSE associations in YOUR HEAD as to SHIFT some negative associations onto the civilian doctors and some positive ones to the military doctors. When you THINK ABOUT it THAT WAY, what I said is TRUE.

Let me put it this way; Just look at the civilian doctors you were initially IMPRESSED with, the Jaw Surgery Center you linked to in your first post where it turned out they weren't so 'impressive' after all when we looked under the covers. So, practice those associations and I'll do a morph for you which you can bring to your consults.
You know you're right, and I don't disagree. That really makes a lot of sense to me now, and I think I can
change my view on that, Thank you for your offer on the morph, I would really appreciate that!

Austinou88

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »
Let Gunson do his thing. His goal includes good aesthetics.
Yes, you can ask the other doc if they can do G's plans. After all, that's the reason for getting one from G.
How would you suggest my approach on asking the military maxfac?
They already require me to bring in the notes on the ortho's opinion.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2019, 07:48:48 PM »
How would you suggest my approach on asking the military maxfac?
They already require me to bring in the notes on the ortho's opinion.

just hand over the plans and request they do them.

Austinou88

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2019, 07:51:20 PM »
just hand over the plans and request they do them.
Alrighty, simple enough.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »
Just in. Jay Calvert, a doctor on the Jaw Center LA surgery team, where Schendel and Jacobson also practice, is in the media again for the same thing he was in the media years back; accusations of unnecessary procedures and insurance fraud.

http://www.foxla.com/features/beverly-hills-plastic-surgeon-accused-of-unnecessary-surgeries-as-part-of-insurance-fraud-scheme

According to the Jaw Center LA surgery website; Calvert  ".. was recruited by Dr. Steven Schendel (Professor Emeritus, Stanford University, department of Plastic Surgery) when he served as Chief of Surgery at FCLA....."

https://www.jawcenter.la/team/

Some team they have there.

ArtVandelay

• Private
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2019, 04:28:37 PM »
amazing, I'd discredit any doctor that thinks it's good judgement to partner with the guy, how do insurance companies let him get away with this runaway billing

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
amazing, I'd discredit any doctor that thinks it's good judgement to partner with the guy, how do insurance companies let him get away with this runaway billing

The news link (I gave) showed that he had 3 different biz names used for medical billing. But the weird thing is that the insurance company is not the one lodging the complaint.

Austinou88

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2019, 03:52:03 PM »
Just in. Jay Calvert, a doctor on the Jaw Center LA surgery team, where Schendel and Jacobson also practice, is in the media again for the same thing he was in the media years back; accusations of unnecessary procedures and insurance fraud.

http://www.foxla.com/features/beverly-hills-plastic-surgeon-accused-of-unnecessary-surgeries-as-part-of-insurance-fraud-scheme

According to the Jaw Center LA surgery website; Calvert  ".. was recruited by Dr. Steven Schendel (Professor Emeritus, Stanford University, department of Plastic Surgery) when he served as Chief of Surgery at FCLA....."

https://www.jawcenter.la/team/

Some team they have there.
Wow...what a sick and Evil POS.

They need to start cracking down harder on these doctors, no more chances.

Austinou88

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »
The news link (I gave) showed that he had 3 different biz names used for medical billing. But the weird thing is that the insurance company is not the one lodging the complaint.
Also I finished up my consult with Gunson. Here's what he recommended if you have a chance to look - https://imgur.com/a/vFqfBG8

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »
Also I finished up my consult with Gunson. Here's what he recommended if you have a chance to look - https://imgur.com/a/vFqfBG8

The contour proposed change for the profile looks great. You might want to start another thread separately about your consult and documents.

Austinou88

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2019, 07:27:27 PM »
Heck yeah! You know now that I think about it in context, I was never really concerned over my profile. It's always been my frontal I hate.

My chin, upper jaw, lower jaw, and midface are recessed. I wonder if I will be one of those candidates who will be able to benefit from it a lot? I know soft tissue changes are unpredictable though. Gunson said I'm there favorite kind of candidate, since I'd be getting the Sleep Apnea cured, which alone will address asthetics.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
Heck yeah! You know now that I think about it in context, I was never really concerned over my profile. It's always been my frontal I hate.

My chin, upper jaw, lower jaw, and midface are recessed. I wonder if I will be one of those candidates who will be able to benefit from it a lot? I know soft tissue changes are unpredictable though. Gunson said I'm there favorite kind of candidate, since I'd be getting the Sleep Apnea cured, which alone will address asthetics.

That's what is being corrected in the profile which will also make the front look better.

Austinou88

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
Yeah, I guess the changes are always more subtle in the front compared to the profile?

Also, I saw the Military MaxFac. I was a little upset, since I was met by a Resident. I realize I'm nobody special, but I was told I'd be meeting with the doctor, I had specifically chosen, directly. Instead it was a resident who works directly under that doctor.

I handed them over everything from Guson, Walkow, and McLaughlins office. The Resident asked me who the surgery plan was from, and didn't say too much, but took it when I told him. He said I was definitely a double jaw surgery case.

So I think I'm going to keep moving forward with the Military MaxFac for now, until I see what they come up with. I'll put up another thread as you mentioned. Should I put it up under "Aesthetics"?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2019, 09:27:28 PM »
Yeah, I guess the changes are always more subtle in the front compared to the profile?

Also, I saw the Military MaxFac. I was a little upset, since I was met by a Resident. I realize I'm nobody special, but I was told I'd be meeting with the doctor, I had specifically chosen, directly. Instead it was a resident who works directly under that doctor.

I handed them over everything from Guson, Walkow, and McLaughlins office. The Resident asked me who the surgery plan was from, and didn't say too much, but took it when I told him. He said I was definitely a double jaw surgery case.

So I think I'm going to keep moving forward with the Military MaxFac for now, until I see what they come up with. I'll put up another thread as you mentioned. Should I put it up under "Aesthetics"?

Changes are improved in the front too. Just make sure the military maxfax follows the plan. Yes, you can put the new thread under aesthetics.