Author Topic: what do I need? (cephs)  (Read 2193 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: what do I need? (cephs)
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 01:57:29 PM »
I also dont have any upper tooth show at all which is really bothering me, hence i was suggested that plan.

I would be happy to hear if that plan would be feasible or if it would make things worse. And also how it would affect my lips.

Is upper jaw surgery related to many risks?

..advancing upper jaw vertically by about 2mm and downgrafting it by about 3mm, as I have almost no upper tooth show. Hence, the whole jaw will be rotated. Right now my upper teeth are also very flared outwards as I have a small jaw, and rotating the upper jaw is supposed to help this issue as well. as this would make my chin retruded (which already kinda is) some kind of chin enhancement would be needed (genioplaty, implant or HA-paste).

You're relaying a plan that advances the upper jaw not forward but'VERTICALLY' where this plan will make your chin retruded such that you would also need chin advancement to have it and you want feedback as to it's relationship to your TOOTH SHOW when you elected to show photos with your mouth CLOSED.

It's like this: If you have to be told that advancements are forward and not 'vertical' and that photos with mouth closed aren't a good reference point to ask about plans involving not only surgery to one area but also to another area (because the proposal makes the other area worse), that's not a 'go ahead' to give detailed feedback about this plan other than to tell you to stay as you are.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
Kavan, is it only me, or can you understand what the proposed displacement is?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 04:05:10 PM »

I understand that she doesn't relay information correctly for the advice she's wanting. For example, advancements are expressed as FORWARD and not vertical.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 04:17:57 PM »
What? Her nose is objectively fine.

Don't listen to people who are unhappy with their own issues and project it on to you.
Give zero weight to those types of comments.

+

I literally have no idea what he’s seeing there besides actively trying to induce bdd.

april

• Private
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 04:50:10 PM »
It sounds like CW rotation with advancement 2mm, downgraft 3mm and she just mistakenly used the word vertically instead of horizontally.

+
I literally have no idea what he’s seeing there besides actively trying to induce bdd.
toxic  :-\

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 05:06:32 PM »
It sounds like CW rotation with advancement 2mm, downgraft 3mm and she just mistakenly used the word vertically instead of horizontally.
 toxic  :-\

That would have to be anterior downgrafting to get the rotation then. It seems like a vague plan, wonder if there was proper planning to see what is actually possible to maintain the bite with only upper jaw surgery.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
That would have to be anterior downgrafting to get the rotation then. It seems like a vague plan, wonder if there was proper planning to see what is actually possible to maintain the bite with only upper jaw surgery.

CORRECT!

It's not a good plan and has caveat of; 'Be careful of what you ask for'

The amount of tooth show below the red line will be the amount that shows when the lips are slightly open and will show more with a smile. So, it's not a thing of lack of tooth show,  or 'no tooth show' as she says.

Clockwise rotation to get more tooth show is not a good solution in this case because it's going to 'push back' on the lower jaw to make it look more recessive thereby necessitating chin advancement/augmentation to COMPENSATE for the lower jaw retrusion it would create and nobody knows what some hypothetical chin implant would look like on her or if she will be happy with the gain of a few mm extra tooth show at the cost of ALTERING the EQUILIBRIUM of the past surgery that already looks good. Advancement can also straighten out the curl to the upper lip which can make it look longer in frontal view because  the curve that gives a nice shortness to it is being pushed on.

So, it's not a good plan if she likes how her lips look and how her lower jaw looks now. Only if she wants to trade those things in for some undefined and 'different' look in exchange for a few extra mm of tooth show.

Diagrams enclosed in this post.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:24:20 PM by kavan »