Author Topic: Very recessed jaws (maxilla+mandible), what do you think?  (Read 2584 times)

StudyHacks

Very recessed jaws (maxilla+mandible), what do you think?
« on: September 02, 2019, 09:01:38 AM »
I'll upload both the front and side view.  The front is so sharp and good because I've had fillers injected. But yeah it wasn't a really smart move on my part since I slapped fillers on recessed jaws and now when I stand up it looks odd coz the midface is very underdeveloped yet the lower third (except for the obvious lack of forward growth which I can see due to the low-set hyoid bone and s**tty submental area) is good

Im going to have a 3D-CT scan done and then I'm going to take the results (the disc) to a local maxillofacial surgeon for proper assessment

I'm 100% sure I need bimax BAD.  To my mind, I need approximately 1cm forward movement of the mandible and 6-7mm of the maxilla with ccw+impaction

What do you guys suggest I do etc? How do I fix my face? I've morphed my side profile I'll include it in the link

https://imgur.com/a/jO9Tk2V
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:37:01 AM by StudyHacks »

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Very recessed jaws (maxilla+mandible), what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »
What do you guys suggest I do etc? How do I fix my face?

I suggest you do exactly as you planned. Do a cbct and consult with a surgeon. Don't go in and say you need a bimax ccw with 1cm mandibular advancement. Tell your concerns and ask what they suggest.

StudyHacks

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »
OK but looking at my pics can you tell me what YOU think I need?

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »
What makes you think you need impaction?

StudyHacks

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
What makes you think you need impaction?

Someone more knowledgable than me  said to me impaction is almost always needed to avoid the "chimp looks" from the side view
Someone more knowledgable than me said to me impaction is almost always needed to avoid the "chimp looks" from the side view
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:13:25 AM by StudyHacks »

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 11:13:16 AM »
OK but looking at my pics can you tell me what YOU think I need?

No, I can not. For the same reason you figure you need a cbct for a surgeon to be able to tell you what you need. You only show your face and you ask for advice on advanced orthognatic surgery. Only by looking at your face, sure, you might benefit from an advancement of some kind. You need x-rays and pictures of your bite.

StudyHacks

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
Alright, so if I get the 3D-CT scan of my entire face and the orthodontical assessment (bite classification) and come back here with the CD-scan pictures and the bite info, will you guys be able to tell me what I need?

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
Alright, so if I get the 3D-CT scan of my entire face and the orthodontical assessment (bite classification) and come back here with the CD-scan pictures and the bite info, will you guys be able to tell me what I need?

Uhm. You understand this is a free community where you can't demand anything? No one here owes you to tell you anything. You can post what ever you like and if someone have time, the knowledge and want to, they'll respond. A post with necessary presentation is superior to one without it.

StudyHacks

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 11:26:29 AM »
Yes obviously, i think you misunderstood. I'm not demanding, I'm asking for help. Prolly should have added emoticons. lmao
I'm just looking for help, thanks  ;D Coz I'm not knowledgable so I need it, thank you

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 12:04:06 PM »
Uhm. You understand this is a free community where you can't demand anything? No one here owes you to tell you anything. You can post what ever you like and if someone have time, the knowledge and want to, they'll respond. A post with necessary presentation is superior to one without it.

Yeah, he came off as kind of demanding and cursed in his email when asking me for an account.
Who knows. Things get lost in writing so I let it slide, but it seems others are picking up on it.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

StudyHacks

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 12:23:50 PM »
Hey man, first of all thank you very much for letting me in!

Second of all, I'd like to apologize for the tone of my post and questions if you guys have misunderstood it.

I'm not trying to demand anything, I'm just trying to get help from you guys who are much more knowledgable than me and by doing so I'm hoping to fix my face.

Can you guys please help :)

ben from UK

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »
The chin is too big with the profile view. It should not exceed straight line along browridge + lip. Do the pencil test. Edit: I see it doesn't exceed. Still it looks 1-2 millimeters too much. Maybe it's the angle of the pic.

Edit2: hmm, I see where the problem lies. It's probably a morphing mistake under the lip which makes the chin 'full'.

Where did you have the filler? It looks very sharp from the front.

StudyHacks

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 01:00:00 PM »
What do you mean where? In the entire lower third. So jaws and chin.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 01:28:38 PM »
The chimp look is a result of an over-advanced maxilla. In order to avoid this while getting a mandibular advancement, you need to rotate the jaw CCW. If your tooth show is fine, this should be done via posterior downgraft of the maxilla rather than anterior impaction. Impacting your maxilla when your tooth show is fine will destroy your tooth show and look terrible.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 01:43:54 PM »
The front looks OK and the side morph would resolve to maybe a chin implant.

However, I disclose that I won't really evaluate morphs when the morpher does not place the photos SIDE BY SIDE. So no confirmation or validation from me as to what you are '100% sure' you need other than to say you look like you could survive without bimax.

If you don't think you can survive without bimax surgery, than consult with a maxfax and come back with a CEPH xray and a proposal for surgical movements. Just keep in mind people on here don't do the DIAGNOSTICS for you as to how much to move the teeth via braces and/or any exact measurements for jaw displacement.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.