Author Topic: Cause of huge two front teeth  (Read 429 times)

tdawg

• Private
Cause of huge two front teeth
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »

Like that. I'm visiting my grandma and I just saw a picture of myself from when I was younger and my teeth were a mess. Just wondering what the cause is. Narrow upper jaw?

neferkitti

• Private
Re: Cause of huge two front teeth
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »

Like that. I'm visiting my grandma and I just saw a picture of myself from when I was younger and my teeth were a mess. Just wondering what the cause is. Narrow upper jaw?

I assume genetics, plus it looks like your laterals were pretty rotated, making the two front teeth appear larger. I've been told that my laterals are relatively small, but I had never noticed. My ortho wants to make beef them up with composites. Still on the fence with that idea.  

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »
Interesting, thats not me btw just a pic i found online. The mismatch in size was worse for me. And Im the only one in my family that had that. Well my sister has it to a lesser degree. The thing is, that it got a little better when I got older, it is still bad in my senior year of high school but not AS bad. Also I saw some girl on facebook with even more of a mismatch, like her central incisors went below her lower lip. I felt bad for her.

The thing is, whatever the cause of it is, is probably the cause of my overall bite/skeletal issue as I started out with a bilateral posterior open bite. As in my central incisors met and my molars met and nothing else. That is important to me.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
The thing is, whatever the cause of it is, is probably the cause of my overall bite/skeletal issue as I started out with a bilateral posterior open bite. As in my central incisors met and my molars met and nothing else. That is important to me.

Hopefully somebody will jump in here with an explanation. Currently, only my central incisors and one molar meet, but my case is unique and this shouldn't be my natural bite.

Sounds uncomfortable, Tdawg. Are you moving forward with braces?

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
I have to wait until I get my living situation sorted out before I make that decision. I dont want to be driving an hour plus just to get to the ortho. My bite is not really THAT uncomfortable though. For me it is more about cosmetics.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »
I have to wait until I get my living situation sorted out before I make that decision. I dont want to be driving an hour plus just to get to the ortho. My bite is not really THAT uncomfortable though. For me it is more about cosmetics.

Are you going for the genio only at this time?

Krista

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 06:02:38 AM »
What lip exercises did you do?   Did you work with a professional or look up stuff yourself?