Author Topic: X-Rays of HA paste?  (Read 15861 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
X-Rays of HA paste?
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
I swear I saw this somewhere before. Does anyone have X-rays of a skull that has had HA paste applied somewhere? I'm curious to see what it looks like given the partial absorption by bone and all that. If what I saw was HA paste then it looked quite porous and easily discernable from the skull or real bone (not saying it isn't physically similar).
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

Re: X-Rays of HA paste?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:47:51 AM »
Do we know if HA paste causes any resorption of the bone it's placed on like implants do?
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

CK

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:16:47 AM »
no i dont believe ha causes absorption of the bone. have to look at my old xrays, i believe the HA implants shows up as bright white.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
no i dont believe ha causes absorption of the bone. have to look at my old xrays, i believe the HA implants shows up as bright white.

Show us if you can

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »

Yeah it shows up as a slightly brighter white material than regular bone- I need to go look at my xrays.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »
Thanks, if you can do that would be great. I've tried really hard to get scans from other people to no avail.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
Thanks a lot for that, those are pretty interesting. Are you sure he had HA paste used? I can't see any / don't know what to look for.

As a side note, what's the deal with the screws? Is it possible to have them removed later on? Some claim they dissolve (sounds untrue), whilst others have said they are eventually covered in bone (also seems unlikely).

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »
Thanks a lot for that, those are pretty interesting. Are you sure he had HA paste used? I can't see any / don't know what to look for.

As a side note, what's the deal with the screws? Is it possible to have them removed later on? Some claim they dissolve (sounds untrue), whilst others have said they are eventually covered in bone (also seems unlikely).

He definitely had HA paste used. You can see it in the x-rays its a slightly brighter white than bone. Some people have screws removed and others later have complications and must have them removed... Doubt surgical screws are dissolvable
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »
He definitely had HA paste used. You can see it in the x-rays its a slightly brighter white than bone. Some people have screws removed and others later have complications and must have them removed... Doubt surgical screws are dissolvable

With the X-rays assuming he didn't have his entire forehead and malars covered in HA paste I just don't see it. The little bits that appear whiter on the mandible are there in the befores too. The only thing I can think it could be is that little bit below the cut in the mandible, which appear to be floating. Is that what you mean?

And are there any reasons to have the screws removed in your opinion? How long is it before they can be removed?

Thanks

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
:). I thought the same thing ... I just don't see it on the xray either

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:30 PM »
s**t just got real.

overbiter

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
s**t just got real.

What do you mean? I don't see anything on the X-rays either.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »
With the X-rays assuming he didn't have his entire forehead and malars covered in HA paste I just don't see it. The little bits that appear whiter on the mandible are there in the befores too. The only thing I can think it could be is that little bit below the cut in the mandible, which appear to be floating. Is that what you mean?

And are there any reasons to have the screws removed in your opinion? How long is it before they can be removed?

Thanks

I cant speak on Ryan's behalf but Im going to assume (like in my case) the HA is put where advancements were made- chin, lower jaw, upper jaw etc.... Between bones if that makes sense.

Some people just want to have their screws removed, other people have to have them removed- because their body rejects the metal plates or some other kind of complication comes up. It really depends.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »
What do you mean? I don't see anything on the X-rays either.

i mean HA may all be hype. i remember this australian PS saying he used it for cheekbone augmentation...didn't seem to do much.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
i mean HA may all be hype. i remember this australian PS saying he used it for cheekbone augmentation...didn't seem to do much.

This is true, it is all hype. It just projects very slightly almost indiscernible. Unless they use a ridiculous amount.