Author Topic: Forward Head Posture  (Read 80508 times)

Marisama

• Private
Re: Forward Head Posture
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2013, 04:48:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm hoping to change careers in the next few years and getting away from the desk is tantamount.

What are your plans?  I'm looking to make a career change as well once things are all healed up.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
when i first started working at my job one of the ladies there approached my boss and said i was "walking around in the halls too much"

luckily that was dropped, people are not designed to sit in front of computers for hours on end. breaks are necessary

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2013, 11:38:55 PM »
What are your plans?  I'm looking to make a career change as well once things are all healed up.

Still trying to figure it out.  Ideally I'd turn a hobby into a career but I'm not good enough at any of mine to do that yet.  Not really narrowed down yet but I'm working on it haha. I want to take the next few years and really hone my skills before I take the leap but I have a lot of work to do.

How about yourself?  I think I remember you said you were thinking of moving to Asia for a bit, is that still happening?

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2013, 07:42:44 AM »
why do you all want a career change?

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2013, 06:45:03 AM »
Awful

Yeah id much rather risk people s**tting on themselves

Walking really helps with circulation...oxygen too.   When I'm sitting like that I feel like i dont breathe well Which makes me think it's not my airway size.
Right guys?  If my airway was awful wouldnt i feel awful all the time and not get relief walking or lying down?

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
scapular winging (Dr Nath movements 1 & 2).avi

great video showing scap winging

ususally youtube just shows like extreme examples

symptoms would be (at leas they are for me) feeing like your whole arm is dead and just hanging off the front of your body.  kind of hard to explain.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
why do you all want a career change?

dude, you are too funny! Ahh....I remember the days of youth and optimism.... The answer to your question though is we're all nearing middle age and are disappointed in our lives... Do you think anyone who is happy spends this much time on a f**king jawsurgery forum!? I laugh, but my smile is only skin deep.....as they say...

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2013, 08:29:18 AM »
i have no idea where to post this but it's cool, i didnt know there was an actual name for it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff%27s_law

Astronauts who spend a long time in space will often return to Earth with weaker bones, since gravity has been greatly diminished and therefore has exerted little force on their bodies.

i never thought of that but it makes perfect sense

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »

dude, you are too funny! Ahh....I remember the days of youth and optimism.... The answer to your question though is we're all nearing middle age and are disappointed in our lives... Do you think anyone who is happy spends this much time on a f**king jawsurgery forum!? I laugh, but my smile is only skin deep.....as they say...

Lol. The problem is exactly the opposite. you where all hype on ronald raegan, the 80's, coke, the american dream and all that s**t.
i was born in 91:year of the crisis. Graduated from school in 2007: year of the greatest crisis since 29.
I'm the soon of crisis and despair.

I KNOW, i am already aware and therefore ready to "a heart that's full of like a landfill, a job that slowly kills you, bruised that won't heal. You look so tired unhappy, briiing down the government, they don't...they don't speak for us! I'll take, a quite life, a handfill of carbon monoxide...Nooo alarms and noo surpriseeees noooo alarms and nooo surprises please."

I know what im going to and i know it's not my dreams. It's just a job, i'd be lucky to have one and i hope ill have enough to live without worries.

Btw, you all knew i am the new De rossi (footballically speaking). Well, this is a tragic day for me and for football: I need surgery on my ankle. How lucky am i?

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2013, 07:17:08 PM »

here's a link to pdf format of clair davies trigger point (self-care) therapy workbook. its awesome

http://uploaded.net/file/077dj776

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
Neck (Scalene) Stretch - Natalie Weintraub, LMT

good stretch for mouth-breathers and/or computer users

if these muscles get too tight you have to go on disability, srsly
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:13:27 PM by trigeminalneuralgia »

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
thats not good..unless you're overstretching, then it makes sense, your brachial plexus is under there

try this gently and let me know if you feel anything

if you get tingling then stop, it should feel a slight pull but if you ever get tingling anywhere or a deep ache then definitely stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiU1PCxuFyU

also with the stretch i posted before this, i know im overdoing it if i feel it in my armspits, its like a deep nervy pull.  not good.  im really bad at stretching, always overdo it
Make sure any time you stretch your neck your shoulder is in a good position too..not collapsed
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:42:14 PM by trigeminalneuralgia »

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2013, 10:26:37 AM »

that's good for upper trap.  i used to always get a trigger point there

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2013, 08:54:11 AM »
my bicep tendons are effed up  >:( >:( >:(

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
yup all my tendons around there are messed up

and i know first hand that if theres excess synovial fluid, it can make your hands tingle.  i guess just the extra pressure.  people dont seem to believe or talk about that much.

im trying to do that whole cross friction "release" thing on them