Author Topic: how common is just bsso?  (Read 8458 times)

aristidine

Re: how common is just bsso?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 12:40:19 PM »
i haven't seen any that do free consultations.
so far i've seen consults from $150 to $250. xrays are an extra $100+ (pa, lateral cephs)

needagameplan

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »
yup some charge upwards of 500-1000 dollars for a consult, though most charge around 100 bucks.

Does a consult therefore include a detailed surgical plan?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »
@terry No, you don't deserve ANY blame for mouth breathing. You were very young when the problems started. The hospital gave your parents a bulb for a reason, to suck the mucus out of your nose so you can breathe more easily. That was their first hint (ok, so kids can die before 6mo since they're obligate nose breathers). I know sooo many parents who have had their kids tonsils removed because they were snoring or mouth breathing. When I tell them about all this jaw crap, they had no idea. They just didn't want their kids to suffer like that. Because that's the kind of stuff that parents are supposed to do! I know a few who are doing allergy shots already even, though that comes later (5+). Incidentally, I had my tonsils removed when I was 2 but, as Stanford mentions, relapse is likely absent other treatments. I mean, mouth breathing is practically an insult in Western society.

@needagameplan You should first visit Dr Gunson. Seriously. Of all the surgeons I've visited, they provide the best package up front which you can shop around to all the other surgeons. I mean, you'll get every picture and image professionally done under the sun, it's truly amazing. Just don't make any commitments on the spot, they're very polite but it's easy to make a premature decision. Visit a few, see which one you like most. It could be them, it's just a very personal decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. You'll get 3 hours and as you know, not much interaction afterwards so do your homework and show up with your questions. I literally just went to find out why I have sleep apnea, was totally unprepared to be there. I actually had no idea I was really doing a surgical consult lol but I'm glad I did. Dr Gunson is a great guy and you'll learn a lot from him.

needagameplan

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »
Well the in-network thing is worth a lot to me...I could drive down to santa barbara in a day. Do you think they could see me on short notice? I'm moving back to the east coast soon.

terry947

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 12:18:38 AM »
@ molestrip - weird though is that I was breasted for over a year. Also till this day I have zero allergies. I had my tonsils removed around the age of 5 or so. So I'm not really sure how I became a mouth breather.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:21 PM »

needagameplan

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 08:57:28 AM »
my pics from ortho..

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:08:52 AM by needagameplan »

needagameplan

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 11:55:50 AM »
Essentially, if I give myself an underbite I am comfortable and more aesthetic... so is it possible to push out the upper teeth with SARPE and then re-align the teeth so that the lower jaw is in a more relaxed position when the bite is closed? or am i just stuck with what I have due to the uniqueness of my problem?