Author Topic: ZYGOMATIC OSTEOTOMY. PICTURES PLEASE  (Read 21247 times)

Lazlo

• Private
ZYGOMATIC OSTEOTOMY. PICTURES PLEASE
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »
For the love of god will someone post the actual before and afters of a ZSO!!!

Reason being, I want to see precisely how it affects the face. I mean WITHOUT any infraorbital movements.

It would be better to see how it looks alongside a lefort-1.

Th reason I'm asking is that certain movements just cause the face to look fat and concave without providing that S-curve.

So many of you research all the papers so someone should post one of the medical papers on the procedure that contains visual examples.

The following is what I WANT OT AVOID!!! This result is BAD and makes the face to round and concave.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
Re: ZYGOMATIC OSTEOTOMY. PICTURES PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
The above guy looked a million times better BEFORE. Is that a "high lefort"? Or a zygomatic osteotomy? ZSO?  This is why we NEED pictures of the procedures for f**k'S SAKE!!!!!!!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:57:37 PM »
You mean convex?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 11:24:45 PM »
You mean convex?

Yeah sorry convex. High lefort 1 and maybe zygomatic osteotomy (especially if done together) just seem to make face convex and rounded. there is no S curve. Let's see some proof this operation is even available and worth doing!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:47:36 AM by Lazlo »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 12:48:41 AM »
sorry I mean covex.

I want to see pictures of the ZSO before and after. DO ANY EXIST? ANd I WANT TO KNOW IF IT WAS DONE WITH A LEFORT. AND WHAT KIND.

Rico

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 01:44:16 AM »
there is a lot in Mommaerts publication

falcao

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 01:50:29 AM »
OK, I won't show you pictures but let me shed some light here. The guy you posted did not have any type of zygomatic osteotomy but rather implants which are very likely submalar or combined, adding volume to his his mid-face. We discussed him ages ago on this board and someone (or maybe it was me) tracked the information about him on a Brazilian web site.

I've seen a large number of before and afters of zygomatic osteotomies. A really large number. Where? In doctors' offices. You will not find any online.

Besides, looking at pictures is interesting and helpful, but in the end meaningless. I've seen brilliant and tragic results. The result will depend on the technique of your surgeon, the aesthetic criterion (or a lack of it) and perhaps more than anything your starting position and what you already have (soft tissue thickness and distribution is crucial in how all will look like in the end and that's all genetically indicated).

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 02:10:35 AM »
The above guy looked a million times better BEFORE. Is that a "high lefort"? Or a zygomatic osteotomy? ZSO?  This is why we NEED pictures of the procedures for f**k'S SAKE!!!!!!!

No he didn't, he looks like the homeless guy you see on the news who's wanted for raping women.

Afterwards his face was feminised by the rhino and his lips filling out, but he looks a lot more normal in my opinion. Here is a really quick and dirty morph I made of the after using his previous hair, skin tone, and slightly squinted eyes.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »
there is a lot in Mommaerts publication

post the picture or link to the publication please.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »
OK, I won't show you pictures but let me shed some light here. The guy you posted did not have any type of zygomatic osteotomy but rather implants which are very likely submalar or combined, adding volume to his his mid-face. We discussed him ages ago on this board and someone (or maybe it was me) tracked the information about him on a Brazilian web site.

I've seen a large number of before and afters of zygomatic osteotomies. A really large number. Where? In doctors' offices. You will not find any online.

Besides, looking at pictures is interesting and helpful, but in the end meaningless. I've seen brilliant and tragic results. The result will depend on the technique of your surgeon, the aesthetic criterion (or a lack of it) and perhaps more than anything your starting position and what you already have (soft tissue thickness and distribution is crucial in how all will look like in the end and that's all genetically indicated).

Falcao, thanks for you comments. You had the procedure so you can certainly shed some light on this.

The reason I want pics is I want to show them to Dr. Sinn with whom I'll be having surgery. I know he will be doing high lefort CCW as well as infraorbital rim advancement, but I want my cheekbones to really pop so I don't know if he will touch the zygoma malar whatever that will cause the high cheekbone look which I want (think Christian Bale or Richard Gere).

My skin thickness if average to thick (if I have thick skin is that good or bad?). My face tends to sage under my cheekbones. I don't know what to do or specify to him so I was hoping for a pic to show him!!!

Could you pm me your before and afters please? I promise to keep it entirely confidential! :  )

Rico

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »
Lazlo: why you can't ask Dr Sinn about such pictures ?  + mail addresses to some of his patients ?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 03:26:09 AM »
Yeah sorry concave.

^LOL wtf

I want the S CURVE too. If I get Le fort 1 I'm going to have to get a "low" le fort1...   :-[
Do people who have had le fort 1 seem to get a more vertical lip line afterwards? His lip line was parallel to the nose line in the before. In the after, it's totally straight down.
I don't think it makes a difference.  My lip is more vertical post-op.  I don't like it, but it is, what it is.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 07:02:15 AM »
I too look softer and more convex after my Le Fort I.  I was ugly pre-op, but at least my face had character.  Now I'm plain and soft.  Anyway, to me LF1 advancement is a great compromise.  I think it works best when the face is wide and has strong orbits and cheekbones.    That's how you get those great LF1 advancement cases.  I only had facial width.  My orbits are weak and look "left behind".

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
well here's another example of where since we have no pics people are gonna go in and have this ZSO procedure and end up looking like crap and then cause they do they won't share pics.