Author Topic: Turbinectomy In Conjunction With bi max  (Read 926 times)

jawsaw

Turbinectomy In Conjunction With bi max
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
has anyone had a turbinectomy? What was the outcome? Did you find that nasal obstruction was resolved? We're there any complications? Has anyone heard of a complication of turbinectomy called Empty Nose Syndrome. At this point the turbinectomy portion of my proposed procedure is more intimidating than that actual bone cutting jaw advancement.

MRRoper

Re: Turbinectomy In Conjunction With bi max
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 04:49:43 PM »
I had a turbinoplasty on Sept 18, along with double jaw advancement, sliding genioplasty, UPPP and septoplasty primarily for the treatment of sleep apnea.  I am 49 year old. I have had no problems so far with the turbinoplasty and I do seem to be able to breath much better through my nose. I hope it helps.

molestrip

• Private
Re: Turbinectomy In Conjunction With bi max
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 10:00:07 AM »
ENS is a very rare disorder, mostly associated with incompetent surgeons. It's commonly done with jaw surgery however you should try to avoid septoplasty. Both can be done under local anesthesia later with minimal recovery. While I don't love the idea of permanently breaking a vital organ, usually when it comes to surgery it's a question of alternatives. Chronically inflammed turbinates aren't performing their function anyway and worse yet are causing other problems in your body. The flip side is effective non-surgical treatment may appear at some point in the future but it won't be an option anymore if you do surgery today. I think it will be a while before we get there though, allergies aren't new.