Author Topic: s**t BEST DOC IN CANADA SAYS I NEED RE-DO OF MY BIMAX --PLEASE VOTE ON MY OPTION  (Read 10360 times)

Lazlo

• Private
If Li is the sleep apnea guy, then Wolford will have revised tons of his monkey results.

Oh s**t, yeah he is. I was warned off him by someone else too. But he's the only guy who says on his website he does mandibular expansion and cuts.

PloskoPlus

Oh s**t, yeah he is. I was warned off him by someone else too. But he's the only guy who says on his website he does mandibular expansion and cuts.
Splitting the mandible at the front and distracting it is unstable and hard on the condyles. Wolford will do a subapical osteotomy on you if you're willing to risk more numbness.

Lazlo

• Private
Thanks Plosko, and thanks everyone Kavan, etc. for your responses.

Honestly, I'm experiencing some PTSD from this new revelation that I need a revision and that I'm still Class II and well my tongue space has been a nightmare.

I'm not exactly sure what a subapical osteotomy is Plosko, can you explain it to me.

I'm going to try and check in on this forum a little less than normal because I dont think its good for my mental health. And I need to live my life and not worry about this all the time --I can't help it cause it's hard to forget a constantly constricted tongue. God bicuspid in moderate cases should be made illegal. So many orthos and dentists warn against it now explicitly as causing all kinds of problems from tongue thrust to sleep apnea to narrow arches etc. etc.

Anyway, if any of you wanna reach me faster just PM me with any news or advice. I'll still check in once every couple days for sure. Thanks all of you. You're the only ones who truly know the hell that this whole process can be when mismanaged.

JourneyToSerenity

Gunson, like others, has had some shockers as well.  Also, I wouldn't say he's super high volume.  There are quite a few who have done more.  He's quite young for a surgeon, and, to his credit, doesn't just pump the cases through.

If you don't mind, can you expand on those 'shockers'? Has he offered those patients, a solution?

The worst I've heard has been about a girl who suffered a stroke which iirc was due to pregnancy pills. After that, one didn't have their bone density correctly assessed and as a result suffered complications, as well as a guy who had the nerve of his lower jaw accidentally severed, but both went on to mention that Gunson was upfront about it, stuck by them and offered solutions. Out of all the surgeons I've heard about, he seems to be the most attentive to detail as well as the most ethical.

In a perfect world what I really wish could happen is the following:

use sarpe to expand my upper jaw

use distractor on mandible to widen my lower jaw.

then move both jaws forward with lower jaw coming more forward.

Why the f**k can't this be done? It would create space for my tongue on the transverse axis and anterior posterior space. I realize my tongue moves with the lower jaw so I might still have some posterior anterior constriction but at least there would greater space at the back.

If anyone knows of a doc who can do this type of work let me know.

I have asked myself this question a million times. In an ideal world, we would be able to do this and get a stable result. It's a shame as we possibly could have benefitted massively using expanders or trying out the IMDO technique during our growth window.

Thanks Plosko, and thanks everyone Kavan, etc. for your responses.

Honestly, I'm experiencing some PTSD from this new revelation that I need a revision and that I'm still Class II and well my tongue space has been a nightmare.

Chin up, bud. Keep the faith that it will all work out in the end.

DRIVVEN

• Private
I had surgery with Gunson, and could not be more dissapointed. I have no ability to chew normally, have nerve damage, my mandible is reabsorbing in the area of the surgery, My airway is smaller transversely after surgery. I have a class 3 bite post surgery and i am in pain 24/7 from this.

Post bimax

• Private
I had surgery with Gunson, and could not be more dissapointed. I have no ability to chew normally, have nerve damage, my mandible is reabsorbing in the area of the surgery, My airway is smaller transversely after surgery. I have a class 3 bite post surgery and i am in pain 24/7 from this.

Holy s**t..

Lazlo

• Private

oh f**k. please say this person is a bot or something? can you tell us more about your case? It could potentially save a lot of people a lot of money and pain.

Dogmatix

• Private

How long post op are you?
Have you seen Gunson since you've noticed the problems?

Lestat

Why don't you consider to visit Raffaini instead of Gunson?

GJ

• Administrator
Holy s**t..

Is it really surprising?
I can name half a dozen people (Joy, Cmonster, ck, et al) from this forum alone who hated their results and/or had complications.
The reality is all surgeons have bad cases. If there was one guy who never messed up we'd all be going to him.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
Is it really surprising?
I can name half a dozen people (Joy, Cmonster, ck, et al) from this forum alone who hated their results and/or had complications.
The reality is all surgeons have bad cases. If there was one guy who never messed up we'd all be going to him.

yeah but there are degrees of complications. like a bit of nerve damage is common. but serious bite issues and massive relapse is scary. i mean i don't have problems to that degree from the jaw surgery (yes i do from the orthodontics though).

Any people hate their results from Wolford out there?

CCW

Is it really surprising?
You mean they had surgery with Gunson and hated their result? Why exactly?

Dogmatix

• Private
Is it really surprising?

I think you shall be able to assume that a surgeon won't "mess up". But no surgeon can promise no complications, and what's important is how they handle it if it happens. If it's as bad as described above, the sensible thing would be to try to fix it.

CCW

Any people hate their results from Wolford out there?
Yeah, but it's mostly related to Wolford's obsession with TJR.

GJ

• Administrator
I think you shall be able to assume that a surgeon won't "mess up". But no surgeon can promise no complications

Semantics, but yes.
Millimeters are miles on the face.