Author Topic: Gunson employees leaving positive reviews for Gunson  (Read 13040 times)

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: Gunson employees leaving positive reviews for Gunson
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2019, 02:45:35 PM »
DOES say, with regularity.

If you can wrap your head around the basic movements and rotations, you’re better off than 90% of patients. Basic trig will get you far when it comes to JS.

Sometimes I don't know if it's better to not know. What it does to me is that I want to involve my self in the planning and ask way too many questions, which is a big no no for many surgeons.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »
Sometimes I don't know if it's better to not know. What it does to me is that I want to involve my self in the planning and ask way too many questions, which is a big no no for many surgeons.

Those are probably not surgeons you want to deal with then. At the very least, this knowledge gives you the tools to evaluate any plan you are presented with on a basic level.

I did ‘some’ research before my own surgery, but did not find this forum until I researched the side effects I was unhappy with. Pre-0p I basically succumbed to the “ante face = good” meme and thought the only other concern might be tooth show. I didn’t even understand what the occlusal plane was; much less rotational movements. I had no idea any of that existed or was important.  I think we on this forum forget how ‘arcane’ this might seem to someone just getting into JS.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2019, 12:56:35 AM »
Those are probably not surgeons you want to deal with then. At the very least, this knowledge gives you the tools to evaluate any plan you are presented with on a basic level.

I did ‘some’ research before my own surgery, but did not find this forum until I researched the side effects I was unhappy with. Pre-0p I basically succumbed to the “ante face = good” meme and thought the only other concern might be tooth show. I didn’t even understand what the occlusal plane was; much less rotational movements. I had no idea any of that existed or was important.  I think we on this forum forget how ‘arcane’ this might seem to someone just getting into JS.
I only had an inkling that I have a steepish occlusal plane.  I thought that all this OP plane talk here was for "difficult LFS" cases and CCW boiled down to anterior impaction.  It was more than a year after my surgery and more than 2.5 years after I registered here that I learned that the OP could be manipulated with posterior downgrafting as well.

I got the same verbal "plan" from almost every surgeon.  The only exception being one surgeon, who suggested setback of the lower as well.  I thought my case was easy.  Little did I know that Australia is an absolute bush league when it comes to jaw surgery.  Some borderline developing countries have more progressive surgeons.