General Category > Aesthetics

Considering bimax (pics and X-rays attached)

(1/3) > >>

ko1a:
Hi,

I had a chin wing osteotomy and am now considering double jaw surgery with CCW to fix my recessed jaws.

However, I'm not sure how recessed I am and also see a few potential aesthetic issues if I were to get bimax.
- Would my chin become too prominent with the CCW rotation?
- I have a very deep labiomental fold. Would this improve from bimax?
- Would my already upturned nose get too upturned?

I consulted 2 maxfacs.

One suggested frontblock distraction to solve the labiomental fold (and maybe SARPE) before possibly proceeding to bimax later. He said bimax alone would do nothing to improve the labiomental fold.

The other proposed bimax with CCW rotation. He thinks this will also improve my labiomental fold somewhat.

What do you guys think about the above issues? And would I benefit aesthetically overall from bimax?

https://imgur.com/a/BnxxtAu

ben from UK:
Front.

ko1a:

--- Quote from: ben from UK on November 24, 2019, 08:32:59 AM ---Front.

--- End quote ---
Front and 3/4 added to images.

PloskoPlus:
You have some asymmetry at the eye and mouth level. Fixing that would be the biggest boon to your looks. But that's hard to impossible to fix. Unless you have functional issues with your jaws, do nothing. Jaw surgery is unpredictable hell and you already look very good.

Post bimax:
Yeah I wouldn’t touch anything. Maybe a CCW bimax BEFORE the CW could have given you some projection while avoiding the deeper fold, but I’d leave it as is now. Your jaw looks already above average

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version