Author Topic: is there any software to analyse your ceph?  (Read 2160 times)

lookism

is there any software to analyse your ceph?
« on: October 22, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
i got a disc with my ceph and i would like to take a closer look at it before talking to my surgeon..

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: is there any software to analyse your ceph?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 01:22:39 PM »
Yes, there are but they are aimed at dental/maxfax pros who know how to interpret them. https://cephx.com/services/
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

lookism

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »
Yes, there are but they are aimed at dental/maxfax pros who know how to interpret them. https://cephx.com/services/

ah yes, im a bit overwhelmed with the data i got from the mri people. i actually wanted to check my sna and snb angle but seems like the "sella" isnt even on the ceph or i cant find it really.

what i can already tell though is that i definitely have the typical short face pattern and a my occlusal plane is very flat, its actually points upwards it seems.

so its not like my chin points upwards like i originally thought ( https://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,8293.0.html ) but my whole jaw which probably means genioplasty wouldnt change anything and could potential even worse my situation...i really would need double jaw surgery?

thoughts on this? would really appreciate some input, thanks very much in advance.

and can you say something to my airway? i did the redline myself but not sure if was done correctly :))

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »
The obvious thing to observe here is that your chin bone is rotated upward in CCW direction. So the solution would involve counter rotating the chin in the CW direction. Those are my thoughts on the matter. End of story.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 09:05:30 AM »
Agree looks like a CW genio could solve the issue.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

lookism

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 06:54:16 AM »
The obvious thing to observe here is that your chin bone is rotated upward in CCW direction. So the solution would involve counter rotating the chin in the CW direction. Those are my thoughts on the matter. End of story.

thank you very much! so if i would rotate my my chin clockwise it wouldnt end up looking unnatural?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 08:00:25 AM »
thank you very much! so if i would rotate my my chin clockwise it wouldnt end up looking unnatural?

I don't think so, since it looks a bit unnatural as is. Should actually help it look more natural if it's done correctly. If you get a plan come back and show us.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

lookism

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »
I don't think so, since it looks a bit unnatural as is. Should actually help it look more natural if it's done correctly. If you get a plan come back and show us.

yes thank you very much! appreciate it. sorry for asking so many questions

do you think moving the chin counterclockwise could impact my airways and submental area negatively?

"Background Improving the posterior airway space is one of the most important functions of genioplasty. Studies have shown that the posterior airway space (PAS) can play an important role in the evaluation of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS). The purpose of this study is to evaluate the airway safety of our modified technology by observing the impact on PAS in skeletal Class II patients without OSAS.

[…]

The role of genioplasty in airway improvement has been reported [15, 26, 27].

[…]

n our modified cosmetic genioplasty, the osteotomy line design of all patients was based on aesthetic requirements and safety considerations while ignoring muscle attachment.
The position of the hyoid bone was found to move forward (Ly: p = 0.001; LCV3: p = 0.016), resulting in an increase in the width, the cross-sectional area and volume of the PAS to varying degrees. The correlation between the position of the hyoid bone and the PAS has aroused con- troversy in previous studies [57, 58]. We speculated that as the segment of the chin moved down, the position hyoid bone moved downward due to the decreasing of the muscle tension. However, the data showed the upward movement of the hyoid bone (LX: p = 0.004). No statistical signifi- cance was found in the change in the distance from the hyoid bone to the mandibular line (LML: p = 0.056); however, the distance still tended to decrease. This may be because the segment of the chin moved forward, and the distance was larger. Our results are in line with the findings of Jiang [45] and Souza [44].

https://sci-hub.st/downloads/2020-05-31/78/10.1007@s00266-020-01790-3.pdf

Carmenita

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2022, 01:22:02 PM »
i got a disc with my ceph and i would like to take a closer look at it before talking to my surgeon..

I suggest https://www.cephio.com/en/

needadvancement

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 03:42:09 AM »
yes thank you very much! appreciate it. sorry for asking so many questions

do you think moving the chin counterclockwise could impact my airways and submental area negatively?

"Background Improving the posterior airway space is one of the most important functions of genioplasty. Studies have shown that the posterior airway space (PAS) can play an important role in the evaluation of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS). The purpose of this study is to evaluate the airway safety of our modified technology by observing the impact on PAS in skeletal Class II patients without OSAS.

[…]

The role of genioplasty in airway improvement has been reported [15, 26, 27].

[…]

n our modified cosmetic genioplasty, the osteotomy line design of all patients was based on aesthetic requirements and safety considerations while ignoring muscle attachment.
The position of the hyoid bone was found to move forward (Ly: p = 0.001; LCV3: p = 0.016), resulting in an increase in the width, the cross-sectional area and volume of the PAS to varying degrees. The correlation between the position of the hyoid bone and the PAS has aroused con- troversy in previous studies [57, 58]. We speculated that as the segment of the chin moved down, the position hyoid bone moved downward due to the decreasing of the muscle tension. However, the data showed the upward movement of the hyoid bone (LX: p = 0.004). No statistical signifi- cance was found in the change in the distance from the hyoid bone to the mandibular line (LML: p = 0.056); however, the distance still tended to decrease. This may be because the segment of the chin moved forward, and the distance was larger. Our results are in line with the findings of Jiang [45] and Souza [44].

https://sci-hub.st/downloads/2020-05-31/78/10.1007@s00266-020-01790-3.pdf

Don't mind me asking a question pertaining to this but yes I've seen it mentioned before that SG may improve the airway in some way. My question is can the surgeons actually have any control over this beyond guessing what may happen to the hyoid bone depending on the direction of the chin bone movement?

It sounds like the muscles between this area can get pulled forward with SG, causing the hyoid bone to 'lift' up permanently. Which is both an aesthetic and functional bonus.

TheGerman

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 04:28:23 AM »
Can you show a picture of your smile from the front?