Author Topic: Upcoming consultation with Dr. Triaca  (Read 6108 times)

ismic

Upcoming consultation with Dr. Triaca
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:03:19 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've been looking to get my deficient lower jaw surgically corrected for a long time and collecting infos mainly by lurking on this forum. The options I had in mind were either Bimax surgery which would bring some functional improvements (I snore like a pig, so I probably have a small airway. I had an overbite when I was a kid, had braces and all), or just get a chin wing and be done with it. But Lazlo's adventures got me a bit scared of heavy surgery, so I might only go for the second option.

Anyway, I finally took the first step in this journey and booked a consultation with Triaca in a couple of weeks and get the opinion of an expert. Initially I planned on going with Zarrinbal since everyone in this forum seems to love him. And money is a bit tight for me, so Dr. Z is more affordable. But Triaca is only a 2h train ride away, so no plane and no border crossing, makes things a bit easier.

So I come to you with a question: how do I prepare for the consultation? What important questions do I have to ask? I don't want to leave empty-handed so I want to be absolutely certain to cover everything I can in the time he accords me.

Also do you guys have any personal questions you want me to ask? I'll try to give you answers when I come back.

LeFort 3000

Re: Upcoming consultation with Dr. Triaca
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:14:18 AM »
ill be visiting z soon, so i can do the same.
please ask him what is the cost for the chin-wing and how much extra costs the segmenting of the wing. z only rarely does segmenting ive read...but thats what ill probably need because as i understand it, its the only way to add significant width.

diculo

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »
Good luck on your consultation. I would be interested in finding out what would the cost of a bimax surgery w/ Dr. Triaca? Does Triaca do malar osteotomy? The cost of a consultation? Please inform us of the costs w/ Dr. Triaca because he seems to be an excellent surgeon. Thank you.

UnderMunch

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »
ill be visiting z soon, so i can do the same.
please ask him what is the cost for the chin-wing and how much extra costs the segmenting of the wing. z only rarely does segmenting ive read...but thats what ill probably need because as i understand it, its the only way to add significant width.

What does "segmenting of the wing" do?

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:25:53 AM »
Could you ask him if this is possible with a zso?

http://www.intechopen.com/source/html/48013/media/fig27.png

diculo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
When is your consult? Another question is does he use distraction osteogenesis?

marcus3415

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
The question is "how do I prepare and what relevant Qs should I ask?" Not "let me ask him all of your questions about maxofacial procedures"

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 09:00:25 PM »
My crystal ball says the consultation will be very short and he will suggest a chin wing. He may also provide you with a hasty comical morph. But given the demand he's in, I don't think he needs to try any harder.

Lestat

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:35 PM »
Could you ask him if this is possible with a zso?

http://www.intechopen.com/source/html/48013/media/fig27.png

Can you please ask him this one question for me?

LeFort 3000

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 06:19:04 PM »
Holy f**k, email him or have a consult yourself.. I'll see him next week and I won't ask for you :P
why do you visit him over zarrinbal?

btw zarrinbal told me price for cw is 7k, cw+chin broadening is 8.5k, max jaw width increase is about 1cm, max ramus length increase is 1cm too. also limit of the advancement is basically the mandibular nerve...you cant stretch it too much or else it can get seriously damaged...thats why sometimes you need two cw...to let the nerve adapt to the stretch and after it settled you can stretch it further

Lestat

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »

btw zarrinbal told me price for cw is 7k, cw+chin broadening is 8.5k, max jaw width increase is about 1cm, max ramus length increase is 1cm too. also limit of the advancement is basically the mandibular nerve...you cant stretch it too much or else it can get seriously damaged...thats why sometimes you need two cw...to let the nerve adapt to the stretch and after it settled you can stretch it further

Thank you for these helpful informations you are welcone!

diculo

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 09:49:51 AM »

What does he do for chin broadening? Is that part of the chin wing osteotomy?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 10:20:51 PM »
Thats true. I have also heard that the problem with chin wing is that you can do nothing to "change" the jaw angles (make them more prominent)!

I wonder if the only way to change the jaw angles is to augment with HA paste as Arnett and Gunson do. I'm becomming more and more sold on their approach.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »
Damn, quite disheartening to read. Thank you, though. The only good thing for me is that you suggest the chin becomes heavier looking - which is what i need. Shame about the jaw angles,  I'm optimistic after reading about StupidJaws having good results with filler, that any further work on the angles may be improved using that, perhaps.

this is terrible, i mean f**k doesn't quite gel with the results (albeit from TWO CHINWINGS) that stupidjaws has achieved AFTER a first surgery so I'm kind of surprised. Also haven't others seen really good pictures resulting from the operations? Now I'm confused as I assumed Zarrinabal would definitely be part of my surgery result.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 12:33:47 PM »
now we have to guess who the f**k is right and wrong.

there is a HUGE effect amongst people of thinking surgeons or their consults or results are AMAAAAAAAZING cause that's wishful thinking and what they want to believe from the scant evidence out there.

but then sometimes there are people who are super objective and can cut through the dross to really assess things.

So I wouldn't doubt the critic here just cause we want to believe otherwise. maybe the chin wing doesn't do s**t. i mean i really haven't seen any great before and afters of just that procedure online. And same with the ZSO. Stupidjaws looks great but he was very handsome to begin with. So that doesn't mean s**t really.

Come on some one figure this s**t out.