Author Topic: What do you think of these results?  (Read 24153 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: What do you think of these results?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2019, 12:02:14 PM »
Good long lasting results with Coleman technique fat grafting to the jaw line. He's very expensive though.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lestat

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »
Good long lasting results with Coleman technique fat grafting to the jaw line. He's very expensive though.

I think other docs can do it too, or not?

And what do you mean with long lasting, isnt it permanent?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
I think other docs can do it too, or not?

And what do you mean with long lasting, isnt it permanent?

Safer to just say 'long lasting'. Fat grafting IN GENERAL can't be called 'permanent' because when you take into consideration ALL the doctors who do it, fat resorption is common among patients. Not all docs do it as well as Coleman though.

ben from UK

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »
I don't know if there's a difference in techniques, but I had fat grafting for jaw and it was reabsorbed within two weeks. There needs to be enough blood supply, otherwise it will dissappear. Also, even if it survives, I don't know if fat grafts will stay in place or just sag over time. Maybe Kavan can elaborate.

They still haven't discovered permanent safe filler I think.

I see Coleman uses a special techniques.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2019, 02:38:42 PM »
I don't know if there's a difference in techniques, but I had fat grafting for jaw and it was reabsorbed within two weeks. There needs to be enough blood supply, otherwise it will dissappear. Also, even if it survives, I don't know if fat grafts will stay in place or just sag over time. Maybe Kavan can elaborate.

They still haven't discovered permanent safe filler I think.

Coleman technique is most intensive and long lasting. But kind of tedious for me to describe.

ben from UK

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »
Everyone on this board, because of their insecurity, follows hypes. Same with SJ's result. He had a good result, so Dr. Z must be a God, which is far from the truth. Almost all surgeons have far more bad cases than good cases, and I'm not even taking into account the huge physical complications, some patients have, only aestethics. But people don't talk about it in public or online, they're afraid.

Now you have these filler results (highly photoshopped) and I'm sure some people will fly to Brasil to do it. Now, maybe you have 2 out of 10 cases that really went up after these fillers, but the other 8 failed cases will never be shown.

I understand, we want to have hope and believe in something, me too. But we have to be very cautious.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2019, 07:52:04 PM »
Everyone on this board, because of their insecurity, follows hypes. Same with SJ's result. He had a good result, so Dr. Z must be a God, which is far from the truth. Almost all surgeons have far more bad cases than good cases, and I'm not even taking into account the huge physical complications, some patients have, only aestethics. But people don't talk about it in public or online, they're afraid.

Now you have these filler results (highly photoshopped) and I'm sure some people will fly to Brasil to do it. Now, maybe you have 2 out of 10 cases that really went up after these fillers, but the other 8 failed cases will never be shown.

I understand, we want to have hope and believe in something, me too. But we have to be very cautious.

Couldn't agree more with this sentiment - pretty much summarizes what I feel about the 'state of the art' right now.  It's a mess, riddled with risk and mistakes.  Sure, fillers are relatively safe, but they are so pitifully short lived.  I can't imagine what sort of life someone would be living where their appearance is fluctuating every several months.  Not to mention the cost or getting injected that often. 

Fat Grafting is still way too risky.  The Coleman Technique is well understood throughout the industry by now - so don't get sold on that.  It still involves lots of absorption and mistakes on the part of doctors.  Soft tissue changes are just far too perceptible to be messing with on your face.

We just aren't there yet guys...   

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
Couldn't agree more with this sentiment - pretty much summarizes what I feel about the 'state of the art' right now.  It's a mess, riddled with risk and mistakes.  Sure, fillers are relatively safe, but they are so pitifully short lived.  I can't imagine what sort of life someone would be living where their appearance is fluctuating every several months.  Not to mention the cost or getting injected that often. 

Fat Grafting is still way too risky.  The Coleman Technique is well understood throughout the industry by now - so don't get sold on that.  It still involves lots of absorption and mistakes on the part of doctors.  Soft tissue changes are just far too perceptible to be messing with on your face.

We just aren't there yet guys...

Yeah, I think this is unfortunately true. Even just plain old jaw surgery is hugely unpredictable.

Lestat

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »
"On the horizon are more durable options—currently in development are fillers that utilize HA in combination with silk-derived proteins or hydrogels. “Hyaluronic acid hydrogels are obtained by a special cross-linking process of HA molecules,” says Short Hills, NJ facial plastic surgeon Alexander Ovchinsky, MD. “Due to an innovative preparation method, they do not contain any detectable residual cross-linking agent and are easier to inject. These new hydrogels show good stability against enzymatic degradation, which should translate into increased longevity.”

https://www.newbeauty.com/blog/dailybeauty/12658-the-fillers-of-tomorrow/

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2019, 05:07:08 AM »
Wow those results look too good to be true. Seems like injectibles are the future for this kind of augmentation. I am waiting for something longer lasting. As an aside it seems like lots of male actors are getting beefed up jaw angles these days, I wonder if they get filler.

ben from UK

DECEPTIVE MARKETING
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2019, 05:29:39 AM »
Can anyone explain why these results, if these results are true, are so good? If they are not true and photoshopped, I still want to know why the results after photoshopping are so good. I've seen jawangle implant results and cw results that made the jaw broader, but it didn't make that person better looking. What is the secret behind jaw angles?

I also saw a pic of a guy that had done jawangles, and he wasn't better looking after the procedure (although he was happy). I photoshopped his before myself with broader and more angular jaws and he looked much better. I was thinking about why with the Photoshop he looked better but not with implants. I still haven't figured it out precisely, but it seems it has to do with shadows and ogee curve. Often times, implants but cw as well ruin the shadows and ogee curve. I can't come up with another explanation. Another explanation is that you have to preserve somekind of V-line on a male's face. Take a look at this example:

https://gothamplasticsurgeryny.com/chin-cheek-facial-implants/

Do you think it's better than before? I don't think so. The ogee curve is gone and the V-line is gone. Also, the shadows are gone.

I have photoshopped him with broader Jaws and longer chin:

https://ibb.co/fMSCHMb

I personally think the Photoshop is better than the real after. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:24:29 AM by kavan »

Post bimax

• Private
Re: DECEPTIVE MARKETING
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2019, 07:15:03 AM »
Can anyone explain why these results, if these results are true, are so good? If they are not true and photoshopped, I still want to know why the results after photoshopping are so good. I've seen jawangle implant results and cw results that made the jaw broader, but it didn't make that person better looking. What is the secret behind jaw angles?

I also saw a pic of a guy that had done jawangles, and he wasn't better looking after the procedure (although he was happy). I photoshopped his before myself with broader and more angular jaws and he looked much better. I was thinking about why with the Photoshop he looked better but not with implants. I still haven't figured it out precisely, but it seems it has to do with shadows and ogee curve. Often times, implants but cw as well ruin the shadows and ogee curve. I can't come up with another explanation. Another explanation is that you have to preserve somekind of V-line on a male's face. Take a look at this example:

Do you think it's better than before? I don't think so. The ogee curve is gone and the V-line is gone. Also, the shadows are gone.

I personally think the Photoshop is better than the real after. What do you guys think?

That's a terrible result, I think he looks awful.  His face just looks swollen and bloated.  He was perfectly fine before I don't know why he did that to himself.   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:26:31 AM by kavan »

april

• Private
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2019, 07:39:39 AM »
Poor guy :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:26:05 AM by kavan »

ben from UK

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2019, 07:55:24 AM »
That's a terrible result, I think he looks awful.  His face just looks swollen and bloated.  He was perfectly fine before I don't know why he did that to himself.

I understand why he did it. He wanted to have more prominent jaws and chin, to balance out some features (nosejob wasn't needed imo). I think my photoshop looks better than the before, and I can imagine  something like that is what he had in mind. But he got something else after nosejob + wrap around jaw implant. I just wonder why it went wrong, cause this wrap around was probably designed with computer modelling and it probably looked okay on paper, with the right dimensions. So many computer designs look right on paper, you can see why it was designed like that, but after the actual surgery it turns out way too big, ruining jawangles, ogee curve, shadows, V Line, et cetera. I just wonder why that is the case. Is it the silicone material, lack of surgical skills/refiment, soft tissue or something we overlook?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:25:38 AM by kavan »

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »

Deceptive Marketing

Hi,

I've outed this Dr. Steinbrech prior on this board for DECEPTIVE MARKETING. I see he's now paired up with Phillip Miller where I see more DECEPTIVE MARKETING in a photo presentation.

Presently, I'm toying with the policy of just deleting links that resolve to what I feel is deceptive marketing and just let the dupes find them outside of this board. For now, I've changed the sub-topic heading to read; 'deceptive marketing'.

Deceptive marketing, especially with photo presentation works on the principle that MOST people are not that observant. Not enough to spot the tricks.

SPOILER: For those of you who didn't spot the tricks used in the photo presentation, jaw/chin face implants don't:

a: Increase the distance of the upper head.

b: Increase the distance from ear to ear.

c: Increase the distance from inner to outer canthus of each eye

d: Increase the total distance between outer to outer canthus. That is to say, the distance of where the eyes span the face.

e: Increase the neck girth.

What does that is increasing the width to length ratio of the photo which is PHOTO MANIPULATION.