Author Topic: I had chin wing Osteotomy done and it has ruined me I think, what should I do...  (Read 12128 times)

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:10:28 AM by tryintorecover »

Post bimax

• Private
I have no idea what we’re supposed to be looking at. You need to wait several weeks and then post before and after pictures at from multiple angles showing more of your face.

tryintorecover

I have no idea what we’re supposed to be looking at. You need to wait several weeks and then post before and after pictures at from multiple angles showing more of your face.

I am just afraid if such a cut can even fuse together with the bone
Also can swelling cause recessed chin as mine is extremely recessed, I just want to know this please

Post bimax

• Private
The bone will form a union. You need to wait a few months to see if you’re satisfied

kavan

• Global Moderator
1: To the best of my knowledge, there are 2 surgeons I know of who studied under Triaca; Zarrinbal and Brusco. Are there any more?

2: Your bone scans show an AMPLE advancement of the chin, increase vertical dimention to the WHOLE mandibular border and increased WIDTH projection to whole mandibular border.

3: When soft tissue settles down (swelling stops), there should be approx a 1:1 relationship where you will see ABOUT as much augmentation to your lower jaw area AS was the dimentional increase via the bone cutting surgery.

4: It doesn't matter that you don't understand the bone healing process, such as fusing, osteo-integration. What matters is that part takes some time and surgeries are designed with bone HEALING in mind.

5:  You don't say how post op you are. But I suspect it is EARLY post op. Your surgeon SHOULD HAVE given you a READ OUT as what to expect post op and HOW LONG for the soft tissues to heal. IF he did, than you should read it.

6: If you are early PO, it doesn't matter either about changes you are looking at now BECAUSE much is SWELLING. See #'s 2 and 3.

In essence, it is too EARLY to freak out. End of story.

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:10:42 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator

My doctor called called Dr.Andreischev from St Petersburg performed this surgery on me, he and I agreed to meet in Kazakhstan as it was a quick direct flight visa free for me from Hong Kong to Almaty and he often went to Kazakhstan to perform surgeries.
After performing surgery on 17th October around 2pm. He only saw me 2 days later on 19th October 12pm, the last day before he leaves back to St Petersburg.
I start swelling up on my bottom lip around the area where he made the incisions and he says it’s normal and would go down by the next day which isn’t happening at all as i believe it’s an infection(swelling of the gums)

He said Dr.Albino Triaca would come to St Petersburg to do a live demonstration of surgery
Dr.Andreischev is the guy on the right side(the one with short height) of Albino Triaca in this pic.

Idk what to do
I am all alone in a country where no one knows me in a rented apartment, I fear going out because of what I have turned into... my only option is to run to Dr. Albino Triaca to help me before I end up committing suicide over what has happened to me but How would I even contact Dr Albino since he is mostly out of office...

You are freaking out TOO SOON. 2 f*cking days....swelling is WORSE on day 2-3 and won't go down for a while. You don't need to run to Triaca on day number 2.  NORMAL to be very DISTORTED during first week.  Rinse with warm water and salt.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:48:47 AM by kavan »

ben from UK

First days, especially from day 2, is peak swelling. Then you'll still have alot of swelling for a couple of weeks. At about 2-3 months, about 80-90 percent of swelling is gone. If you're not satisfied by then, it starts getting tricky. The resudal swelling is like 10-20 percent and there's a chance you will be satisfied when this risidual swelling is gone, but the chance is small. Real test is how people react on you. If they start to act weird etc. there might be something unnatural looking or you dropped in looks instead of going up. But the first days, you really can't say much about the result.

My jaws and face were ruined after cw and before that due to implants. I managed to reconstruct my facial structure and it looks much better now, so even if this goes wrong, you'll still have the possibility for revision. Nothing is lost unless you give up. I understand how you feel, especially because it's your first procedure. The swelling is enormous and anxiety as well. It f**ks with your head. But it's impossible to judge your face after 2 days, trust me. Your face looks like a balloon now, it's impossible to judge. You should wait weeks and then there might be a chance it's still not how you wanted it to be, but right now you can't judge.

Often times, there is asymetric swelling. Swelling in different parts of the face isn't synchronic. The chin usually swells less than the jaw parts and the swelling of the chin comes down sooner. Swelling on jawparts is usually enormous, especially day 2-3. We can't judge yet, but there might be a distortion, namely that you have the feeling your chin is recessed compared to the jaw, due to enormous swelling of the jaw. That being said, it's just very very difficult to judge your own face as a human being. Your brain can fck with your judgement. Sometimes it can make you believe you look better than you really are, sometimes it can make you believe you look worse than you are, other times it can make you think there's a flaw in one part, while there isn't really a flaw or the flaw is somewhere else. This is part of being a human. You have to be patient, trust me.

Some advice i give you:

- Do not take the bandage off
- Don't chew on hard things
- Don't put pressure on your jaw

Especially the first 1.5 week.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:07:37 PM by ben from UK »

GJ

• Administrator
Is that suicide comment hyperbole/joke or is that honestly what you're thinking?
At the very least, below are international suicide prevention hotlines. I don't know what Country you're in, but you should probably call the closest one.

https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/

Also, you should wait for swelling to subside before making final judgements.
Your chin looks pretty much in the same position in all those photos; your head angle looks to be changing in them, though, which could give the illusion of the chin being more or less projected. Is it me or are there no pre-op pictures? I don't see any.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:10:59 AM by tryintorecover »

Post bimax

• Private
I think i might be actually falling into a depression
I am even crying in my dreams and they’re all 1 hour long each before I wake up all sweaty and with a high heartbeat
Can you somehow please get me in touch with Dr.Albino Triaca if swelling doesn’t subside so that I would be saved. I am really scared and don’t want to go back home looking like this.

I just woke up and now even my jaw from the inside of mouth is getting swollen around the incision marks

Dude CALM DOWN. Swelling is 100% normal and it will take several months to see your result. Relax

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:11:10 AM by tryintorecover »

kavan

• Global Moderator
Come back in 10 days.
No one here will be calling Triaca . No one will be performing revision surgery on you on day #3.
Call your doctor with your freak out. They should have some kind of answering service if you THINK this is an emergency. It is NOT. Swelling is NORMAL. But you aren't.

april

• Private
Take a few deep breaths. You are not thinking clearly right now. You've just been through a big surgery and the meds are possibly messing with your mind.

Are you in touch with friends/family? When do you fly home?

Not a good idea to do a jaw surgery in a foreign country all alone with no support :-\

Triaca will tell you the same thing as everyone else here: you need to wait it out until the swelling subsides.

PloskoPlus

Day 3 is the depressive stage for jaw surgery recovery. You just had a huge osteotomy. This causes massive swelling.  Your perception of a recessed chin is probably just from that. If you don't like the result at week 3, then by all means panic. It looks like you can grow facial hair. Grow a beard in the meantime. Fwiw, you could've saved yourself a lot of trouble and money doing just that to begin with.