Author Topic: I had chin wing Osteotomy done and it has ruined me I think, what should I do...  (Read 12129 times)

ben from UK

I have the feeling we're all mentally very sick, or maybe it's just my temporary thought, or some people are sane on this board. Or at least we're mentally vulnerable. I see so many here in this endless cycle of procedures.

PloskoPlus

I have the feeling we're all mentally very sick, or maybe it's just my temporary thought, or some people are sane on this board. Or at least we're mentally vulnerable. I see so many here in this endless cycle of procedures.
I stopped after 1.

InvisalignOnly

Sorry I know this does not help OP but just a quick question about chin wings: if someone only has a chin wing (no bsso etc.), does it require prior orthodontic treatment? Or is it like a genioplasty that can be done without braces?

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:09:32 AM by tryintorecover »

PloskoPlus

Sorry I know this does not help OP but just a quick question about chin wings: if someone only has a chin wing (no bsso etc.), does it require prior orthodontic treatment? Or is it like a genioplasty that can be done without braces?
The latter.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:09:53 AM by tryintorecover »

InvisalignOnly

can you please tell me what this is on my lip, I fear it might be infection

I used to get this kind of thing when I was wearing braces and it was completely harmless and used to resolve on it's own within a few days. If it hurts, you can try to get the kind of cream they sell in pharmacies for babies who are teething and apply it, it used to help me.

I know it's easy to say but I honestly think you're overreacting, you're most likely completely fine in every ways and just need to try to calm down. Watch a movie, eat ice cream if you can, listen to music or something like that. Maybe try to forget about surgeons and surgery forums for at least a few days.

Bowie

I used to get this kind of thing when I was wearing braces and it was completely harmless and used to resolve on it's own within a few days. If it hurts, you can try to get the kind of cream they sell in pharmacies for babies who are teething and apply it, it used to help me.

I know it's easy to say but I honestly think you're overreacting, you're most likely completely fine in every ways and just need to try to calm down. Watch a movie, eat ice cream if you can, listen to music or something like that. Maybe try to forget about surgeons and surgery forums for at least a few days.

I would have ulcers like that come and go for the first two years post-jaw surgery. Not saying that OP shouldn't get them checked out though.

kavan

• Global Moderator
That is what I intend to do
I m researching now

If you know any maxfacs in USA then do suggest please

Also sorry to bother you but this is emergency update @kavan @ben from UK

can you please tell me what this is on my lip, I fear it might be infection
I have messaged my surgeon and I am awaiting his reply
Edit: he replied and said it’s intramucosal edema, I told him I developed this ever since I came back from hospital aka yesterday and he says it’s normal...
He says clinic won’t drain it as incision will increase infection or odema and I ask him how to tell the difference between infection and odema
He says infection is white pus or yellow and odema is transparent....

I m worried right now

Those look like canker sores but probably are what your doctor said they were.  You should be bathing inside of mouth with very warm SALT water which helps heal. He is CORRECT not to incise it to drain.

You have been told COUNTLESS times that what you have is SWELLING=odema.
There is no need for 'updates' given that all your 'updates' are the SAME freak out DESPITE being told it is to early to freak out and what you have is NORMAL.

WARNING WARNING!

IF you CONTINUE with these FREAK-OUTS despite being told that you need to wait 10 days, I will consider the act of giving you advice on this board a WASTE OF TIME and will BAN you for the 10 days for which you need to CHILL OUT. So, one more freak out despite being told what you have is normal and it will be a 10 day TIME OUT ban for you.

You too 'Biterelapse' for ENABLING him further.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
listen man, this advice may jump the gun, but i know it wont be bad advice.  I would go see THE BEST REVISION DOCTORS POSSIBLE.  just have him take a look at you and decide if you need revision.  i wouldnt continue trusting this group of people , go to the USA where standards of care are higher and look for a great surgeon

You shouldn't be ENABLING his being freaked out for post op things that are normal and the fact that you are calling into question his surgeon is something I need to ask you a question about:

Have you ever posted on this board before under a different name?

Lazlo

• Private
First couple weeks you naturally feel depressed after surgery. Calm the f**k down, what are you five years old? Nothing has gone wrong. Even if something did it can easily be fixed. But it hasn't. Do you have access to any drugs in the country you're in, like ativan? also known as lorazepam? or valium or some s**t? Go buy some from a pharmacy and take as directed. It will calm you the f**k down.

Again, every one here who has had surgery experiences buyer's remorse, depression, bad mood, regret etc. in the first few weeks. Let things settle and in a month or so re-evaluate your appearance. Even from the s**tty pictures you're showing us everything looks fine. So CALM DOWN, watch your fav tv shows, go explore the city, no one gives a f**k what you look like. have as much fun and diversions as you can and then re-evaluate in a couple weeks.

InvisalignOnly

You too 'Biterelapse' for ENABLING him further.

Exactly! If I understand it correctly, OP is in Kazahstan, just had surgery, is freaking out. The very last thing he needs is people saying he definitely needs revision surgery - we have no idea what he needs, we aren't doctors and haven't seen him and his scans etc. Last thing this person needs is thinking that he now has to fly to the USA and spend loads of money on more procedures and freak himself out even more. All he needs is to calm down, with friends and family around him if possible. Everything else can be decided later.

biterelapse

SORRY :( hope my message is not causing more stress- not qualified to advice or recomnnd

hope you feel better soon

kavan

• Global Moderator
Exactly! If I understand it correctly, OP is in Kazahstan, just had surgery, is freaking out. The very last thing he needs is people saying he definitely needs revision surgery - we have no idea what he needs, we aren't doctors and haven't seen him and his scans etc. Last thing this person needs is thinking that he now has to fly to the USA and spend loads of money on more procedures and freak himself out even more. All he needs is to calm down, with friends and family around him if possible. Everything else can be decided later.

Indeed! No one in USA I know of who even does the 'chin wing' surgery.

tryintorecover

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:10:10 AM by tryintorecover »