Author Topic: More Surgery?  (Read 38780 times)

trigeminalneuralgia

Re: More Surgery?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
I'd rather have a weak jaw than bug eyes.  Everyone has different preferences though but with the amount of surgeries a few of you have been discussing...you're gonna spend 10 years post op healing.  I'd imagine the more trauma you put your face through the longer it takes to heal

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »
Interesting topic. Just had this discussion with a buddy planning for jaw surgery as well.... Is this IT after jaw surgery?
In my case with aesthetics probably no, maybe a  rhino for my dorsal hump but that should be about it. Oh and lasik because my eyes are driving me mad.

There are so many BEAUTIFUL women out there- and I need to set a limit or else I will shred myself to pieces mentally. On a bad day Im like yeah I should get cheek implants, and BA and this and that, but I sit and think... I know that I will never look like certain models, celebrities, whomever and I can live with that. I'd just like to be a better version of me :) Im learning, that there is a lot more to life in general than this face, I dont want it to be the source of my misery and fixation.

I understand that many people here are upset with various elements of their face. My advice, take it slowly with surgeries and whatnot, and dont let your mind tear you to shreds. You are MUCH more than your face.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Eroica

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
HOLY s**t.  I didn't know there was a word for this!!!  One of the few cosmetic flaws which I find completely intolerable

Some people call them bedroom eyes but to me they look dopey

Really? The most beautiful eyes generally have slightly more scleral show than average (but not too much)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
i believe this eye thing is really really attractive.
i love it both in males and females!

Heavyweight

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
The most important thing in improving your own appearance through orthognathic or cosmetic surgery is learning to be able to view your own face objectively and (relatively) un-emotionally. I first noticed my aesthetic issues at age 14 or so. I'm now 20 and haven't changed anything, because I needed to be certain on exactly what needed to be done. I've now narrowed it all down to 2-4 procedures.

People who end up with poor results or plastic surgery addiction are usually hysterical and impulsive to begin with, and tend to have ridiculously high expectations.

Yeah, doing your research is critical to getting a successful outcome. I've seen so many people with severe bimaxillary retrusion who get rhinoplasties and chin implants but still look terrible. I was actually going to do this until I was informed during my consultation that I would need jaw surgery to truly fix my problems. An irresponsible surgeon would have operated on me without telling me about other options.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:46:58 PM by Heavyweight »

Eroica

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »
Yeah, I often see people treated with PS who really needed orthognathic surgery. It's shameful that plastic surgeons will often not inform patients of their underlying skeletal issues, which most of these surgeons are well aware of, and will instead sell them unneccessary plastic surgery.

Heavyweight

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
This is one of the worst I've seen. Funny thing is, the surgeon uses this patient as his chief example on his website.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »
bacall was a knockout

but genreally speaking i do not like them

i like almond eyes or doey eyes or deep set eyes (random i know)

slightly downturned eyes are pretty too.  in a sad way, i like them. 

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 08:09:53 PM »
Oh man, I could go on and on about procedures that compensate for underlying skeletal discrepancies.  Makes me happy I didn't have the money when I was 20 to get a chin implant; I then had time to research my real issues and figure out that maxfax is what I really needed.  It's sad that some plastic surgeons advocate these procedures to patients who don't know about their real issues.

There is nothing better than fixing problems at their source. For instance, I would love to get an FUE hair transplant someday but I hate that it doesn't fix the underlying issue which is the buildup of DHT at the hair roots.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:22:57 PM by treevernal »

Eroica

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
Thankfully I noticed very early that I wasn't a candidate for chin augmentation. Though I have a class II bite, my chin meets my lower lip line, meaning the only way to improve my profile is through orthognathic surgery.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Good observations and examples.   

Eroica

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 10:28:25 AM »
Now here is an example of great plastic surgery... her midfacial structure was really recessed before. She had multiple midface implants (likely orbital rim, malar, paranasal, submalar)

CK

• Private
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
After your orthognathic surgery is done, do you plan on having any more aesthetic surgeries?

In my case, I will definitely:

1. Need my chin lengthened via genioplasty, while adding minimal horizontal projection. I should be able to get this done at the same time as my jaw surgery.

2. Need to augment my deficient frontal orbital rim area, without adding any width to this area as it is already quite broad and flaring. I will have to travel to the United States for this as I know of no surgeons in Europe who are skilled with the placement of orbital rim implants.

And I might:

1. Get a conservative rhinoplasty. This depends on how my nose looks after my jaw surgery. I like my nose overall but, like many people with a deficient maxillary area, there is a slight crook in the profile view.

2. Get jaw implants. This is a big "maybe" since my jaw already has a good V-shaped contour, it's just slightly narrower than I would like.

smarter to consolidate as many necessary procedures during the orthognathic surgery - for example augmenting the orbital rim, cheeks, and chin can all be done during orthognathic surgery.

i say this because after jaw surgery, the wait time for another surgery is typically a year. probably pinning back the ears wouldn't count though because that's a relatively minor op.

Jack

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »
Absolutely. I'm planning to get a lot more surgery after jaw surgery. I would get several procedures now, but jaw surgery will change my face so dramatically that I'd rather wait. Also, I'll likely be getting several cosmetic procedures during jaw surgery (chin advancement, cheek grafts, and jaw grafts).

Here's what I'm planning after jaw surgery:

1. Rhinoplasty

- My nose is a mess. It's overprojected, crooked, long, and humped. Jaw surgery will improve it to some extent, but I will undoubtedly need a rhinioplasty to get the nose I want.

2. Otoplasty

- My earlobes are really big, and my ears are a bit asymmetrical. I'm definitely getting my earlobes reduced, and I might get an otoplasty, depending on what my surgeon thinks.

3. Orbital rim augmentation

- My orbital area is really lacking, and the skin around it is already sagging. I'll probably get some HA grafts inserted into this area, unless Dr. Arnett can do it during jaw surgery

4. Brow augmentation and brow lowering

- My brow area is really weak and my eyebrows are too thin, high, and arched. I'd like to get my eyebrows lowered and build up the bone in this area.

5. Zygomatic Osteotomies

- I'll get this procedure only if the HA grafts fail to augment my cheekbones enough

Who have you heard does zygomatic osteotomies!? Would love to know!!!

Eroica

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 04:48:51 AM »
smarter to consolidate as many necessary procedures during the orthognathic surgery - for example augmenting the orbital rim, cheeks, and chin can all be done during orthognathic surgery.

i say this because after jaw surgery, the wait time for another surgery is typically a year. probably pinning back the ears wouldn't count though because that's a relatively minor op.

A top maxfax/PS told me three months wait after jaw surgery would be fine for facial implants.