Author Topic: More Surgery?  (Read 38781 times)

neferkitti

• Private
Re: More Surgery?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »
A top maxfax/PS told me three months wait after jaw surgery would be fine for facial implants.

Call me crazy, but that sounds insane. But, what do I know?

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:28 PM »
All I have to say about this thread is...be careful!  With every surgery comes an increase in scar tissue.  Also, it is very possible to have too much surgery.  Less is more IMO.  I could pick apart my face very easily but after jaw surgery I highly doubt ill get anything invasive done again.  I think everyone needs to reach a "good enough for me" level because your face is living tissue and you can't just keep cutting into it again and again.

Eroica

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:42 AM »
CK and Neferkitti - that's just for upper face implants, for the lower face stuff you have to wait a bit longer.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 12:55:48 AM »
CK and Neferkitti - that's just for upper face implants, for the lower face stuff you have to wait a bit longer.

Whether upper, lower or two jaw surgery, that swelling will not be down enough to properly plan the size, shape and/or location of implants. That would be my concern, aesthetically speaking. Then there's the trauma from jaw surgery. I personally do not like the idea of implants. But, if it must be done, I think it wise to wait a full year post-op.

Jack

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
jack: but don't you want to be george clooney? or that guy from fight club?

This site is causing to lose my self-esteem. I began thinking I was a 7, then through all the narcissism and self-obsession promoted by thinking about all this and analyzing my face, I decided to demote myself to a 6. Today I realized that my nose is fleshy and a bit out of whack, and so I have an announcement to make people:
I have reassessed things and I've decided I'm no longer a 6, but a 5. Hell, I'm going to shave off a .5 off of that right now because 5 suggests "average" and someone who needs so much surgery to look better could in no way be "average". So I am in fact a 4.5. Deeeeeee-f**king-preeeessing.
Why lord, why hast thou forsaken me? George Clooney? Ha ha CK, I'll be lucky if I get David Schwimmer.... :  (((

Eroica

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »
i agree, and a sensible surgeon should as well. plus, after jaw surgery your face probably isn't going to be 100% until 1 year out. so why get implants 3 months after when residual swelling or possibly major swelling is still going on? the implant may look nice then...but at one year the trauma from the jaw surgery is gone and the implant could be off.

im sure a PS will push implants because hey, more $$$.

He's not just a PS, rather a famous craniofacial surgeon.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
Just be careful. Most of the time jaw surgery leads to a natural result because it simply puts things where they would have been if not for a growth disturbance. It gets murkier when you start getting into implants. Some faces just arent meant for certain features, and its possible to end up with what is considered a more clinically attractive look but at the same time have something look "off" or unnatural.

Jack

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
Just be careful. Most of the time jaw surgery leads to a natural result because it simply puts things where they would have been if not for a growth disturbance. It gets murkier when you start getting into implants. Some faces just arent meant for certain features, and its possible to end up with what is considered a more clinically attractive look but at the same time have something look "off" or unnatural.

I mean that's for sure. I saw a woman just now at whole foods and she looks totally like a Cat --what the hell produced that result??? Don't worry guys --an otoplasty is not a big deal, no damage there, and all I want with a rhinoplasty is something very, very conservative just to slightly refine and elevate the tip. Suborbital implants or HA none of this is a big deal. There's another site called MISS J's cosmetic surgery forum and I've read and seen many, many people have work like this and some much more extensive stuff and the results look VERY, VERY natural and impressive. Honestly. I'm so picky that I would never, ever consider something that did not look 100 percent natural. But I thank you all for the concern. Yes, tdawg you are right, that's why i opted for jaw surgery instead of implants for chin and jawline.

Heavyweight

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »

I actually feel the opposite. I think jaw surgery is very risky because the changes are so dramatic, especially when large movements in both jaws are performed. Also, I've noticed that people with underdeveloped jaws tend to have pretty weak faces overall, so large jaws often look out of place. I think rhinoplasties and chin augmentations are much more straightforward and are less likely to produce unnatural results than jaw surgery. Unfortunately, jaw surgery is the only option for people with major aesthetic problems in the lower face.

Eroica

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:29 AM »
People with long-face syndrome specifically do often seem to have other problems like underdeveloped foreheads, narrow temples etc... I think there's often an abormal growth pattern that effects the entire facial structure, not just the jaws.

jawless

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 06:19:59 AM »
Does anyone think this underdevelopment of facial structure can be improved by using growth hormones? I know people will say that is dangerous, but to me surgery seems just as dangerous. I've heard hormones can make the facial bones (cheeks, forehead and jaws) thicken and widen. A lot of professional sports people use them, I think they are prevalent in baseball for instance. Not to mention bodybuilders, hollywood actors etc. If they can use these drugs why can't we?

Heavyweight

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 06:35:02 AM »
Does anyone think this underdevelopment of facial structure can be improved by using growth hormones? I know people will say that is dangerous, but to me surgery seems just as dangerous. I've heard hormones can make the facial bones (cheeks, forehead and jaws) thicken and widen. A lot of professional sports people use them, I think they are prevalent in baseball for instance. Not to mention bodybuilders, hollywood actors etc. If they can use these drugs why can't we?

I've wondered the same thing, and I think the answer is yes -- growth hormones would probably make the facial bones more robust but definitely wouldn't be an alternative to jaw surgery (which is needed to lengthen and reposition bones). I've been wanting to try growth hormones to improve my facial features and make them more masculine. It also seems that the rest of the bones in my body are underdeveloped in width, and growth hormones would probably improve that. I suspect there is a significant link between bone development in the face and bone development throughout the body. People with underdeveloped jaws and faces probably have thinner bones everywhere else.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:45:07 AM by Heavyweight »

Eroica

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2012, 07:57:02 AM »
Man this is getting weird.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
yeah i have weak bones most places so i think jaw surgery (complications aside) would be a waste on me.  it might even look odd.

has anyone here tested their igf-1? 

i know a girl who started taking all kinds of hormones (for eds) like testosterone..dhea (not igf tho), and while her connective tissues became stronger she started having arrhythmias (!) and acne.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »
now that i think about it im really curious what my igf-1 is.  i might order a test myself, you can do this on the internet w/o a doc but im sure it's low, and it's not like im going to supplement so what's the point

i drank a ton of milk as a kid tho
http://www.slideshare.net/ancestralhealth/ahs-slidespedro-bastos-8827808
is a HUGE slide set on milk and igf-1.  i dont have the attn span to read it now :x
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:17:58 AM by trigeminalneuralgia »