Author Topic: What exactly is "Bimaxillary rotation advancement"?  (Read 42585 times)

joa84

What exactly is "Bimaxillary rotation advancement"?
« on: October 02, 2013, 05:50:42 PM »
Hello everybody

This doctor claims that bimaxillary rotation advancment surgery was developed by him and is only available at his clinic in Switzerland. I thought double jaw rotation+advancement was one of many other procedures all maxillofacial surgeons perform. Anyone here who's more informed than me care to explain if it's the same thing? Here's the doctor's website. http://www.schlafapnoe.com/en/behandlungsarten.html and here http://www.sailerclinic.com/en/schnarchen.html  Thanks!

pekay

Re: What exactly is "Bimaxillary rotation advancement"?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »
You're having surgery with Sailer?!  ???
Chopsticks > Spoons

joa84

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »
^ I haven't decided yet. He told me I have narrow oropharyngeal airways caused by the retropositioning of the upper and lower jaw and tongue.

joa84

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »
Thanks for the welcome but what's wrong with Sailer?  :-\

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Hello everybody

This doctor claims that bimaxillary rotation advancment surgery was developed by him and is only available at his clinic in Switzerland. I thought double jaw rotation+advancement was one of many other procedures all maxillofacial surgeons perform. Anyone here who's more informed than me care to explain if it's the same thing? Here's the doctor's website. http://www.schlafapnoe.com/en/behandlungsarten.html and here http://www.sailerclinic.com/en/schnarchen.html  Thanks!

yeah it's the same thing. bimax just means both jaws and rotation means that they rotate the jaws a bit to make them less steep. it's his marketing bulls**t to say that he "invented" the procedure. He didn't invent s**t.  I'm sure his jaw surgery results are fine/good. IN fact, the one thing you won't have to worry about is that you'll look underdone. Only thing I'd be cautious about is all the implant work he does. Not sure how good all that lyocartilege for cheekbones etc.. turns out. The women esp. end up looking like trannys. Also his rhino's don't look good at all --they mostly have saddlenose deformities.

I think we criticize sailer a bit too much on this site due to his personality and his website, but the actual results of his jaw work look really solid. I'd go with him over mommaerts for just pure jaw surgery.

pekay

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:40:12 PM »
yeah it's the same thing. bimax just means both jaws and rotation means that they rotate the jaws a bit to make them less steep. it's his marketing bulls**t to say that he "invented" the procedure. He didn't invent s**t.  I'm sure his jaw surgery results are fine/good. IN fact, the one thing you won't have to worry about is that you'll look underdone. Only thing I'd be cautious about is all the implant work he does. Not sure how good all that lyocartilege for cheekbones etc.. turns out. The women esp. end up looking like trannys. Also his rhino's don't look good at all --they mostly have saddlenose deformities.

I think we criticize sailer a bit too much on this site due to his personality and his website, but the actual results of his jaw work look really solid. I'd go with him over mommaerts for just pure jaw surgery.

(imo) Albino Triaca is way better than Sailer
Chopsticks > Spoons

joa84

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
Ive been to Sailer and two other doctors -I haven't heard of Albino maybe I should see him. I went to Sailer complaining about my breathing difficulty. I also have lip incompetence and excessive vertical growth which makes my smile gummy. I had a chin implant a year ago to fix my recessed chin and it helped lessen the lip incompetence gap a little.
Sailer thinks a bimaxillary advancement/rotation will fix my breathing problems and greatly improve the way I look since he will move my jaw forward which according to him is the common factor in beautiful faces -he pointed at photos of Cleopatra, Angelina Jolie and Jude Law on the wall of his clinic while explaining his idea of beauty which I agree with and have always known and noticed in Celebes and models since I was a teen.. I think I was impressed by Sailer because of the before and after photos I saw at his office. He also seemed to know what he's talking about. One more thing i liked about him is how he gave so much importance to the aesthetic side of the surgery unlike other surgeons I've been to who didn't care that much about it. Ofcourse I'd love to fix my breathing issues PLUS improve my smile and jaw line. But I grew suspicious of him when I read his website where he claims that he developed the advancement/rotation procedure and that it's only available at his clinic...

falcao

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 02:05:47 AM »
He showed you a photo of Cleopatra? Hmmm...interesting. I would like to see that. He must have invented some time travel devise apart from inventing CCW.

I guess the acceptability of his results vary according to gender. I posted before here about him saying I admire that he takes a more radical approach to transforming people's faces. But that's where my admiration stops.

Watch this presentation if you have some time to waste (youtube link below). If you're a man and not freaked out by what you see at 6:50 then good luck with your surgery. I guess you'll be happy with the outcome. For me, that is enough to dissuade me to go even close to him, let alone let him operate on me.

By the way, someone made this remark about him: if his approach works, and he has unlocked the secret of lasting beauty for everyone as he claims he does, then why on earth does he look the way he does himself?

Beauty & Success with the Help of a Reverse Facelift

No further comment required.

And lol at him being better than Mommaerts for jaw surgeries. I have had consults with serious surgeons from around the world. When I mention Mommaerts, they immediately know who I am talking about based on his extensive clinical and academic work. When I dare to mention Sailer, they say "I've never heard that name before". One of them told me that he attends all major conferences and symposiums in the field and has never in his life come across this man.

You don't have to take anything I say for serious - just a point of view before you make that major commitment that will cost you a fortune. I heard his price range is outrageous.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 02:16:30 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:26:05 AM by Alcoholicartist »
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

falcao

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 02:19:23 AM »
I expect that there would be different opinions. For me, that is an UNACCEPTABLY feminized male face.

x

• Private
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »
He could've gone to any other surgeon and had a better result

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 02:26:04 AM »
You have to take into consideration that he is plastered with makeup on the after, but yes I can understand you thinking the procedures may have taken some masculinity away from him.
Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

falcao

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 02:32:18 AM »
He could've gone to any other surgeon and had a better result

I agree. ANY other.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 02:52:50 AM »
I agree. ANY other.

that's good to know, yeah i was at first quite duped by how dramaticlky sailer changed people but then i realized hie's a bit of a dr. frankenstein.

falcao

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 03:05:11 AM »
It's true, he's a Dr Frankenstein but madly driven by profit. Anyway, if you could only find a surgeon who shares his willingness to experiment but who will also have a good eye for aesthetics as well as talent and expertise, then you may be onto something. As for his aesthetic standards, look at his male rhinoplasties - the guy in the video and the guy on his web site - feminine, over-reduced, scooped, ugly noses that seriously impede any man's chance to look good. But to be fair to him, there are so many other max fax surgeons who do the same fundamental mistake.