Author Topic: the best european surgeons  (Read 65079 times)

pekay

Re: the best european surgeons
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »
holy hell! Dr. Alfaro performs bi-max surgery in record breaking time, I wonder if this is a good or bad thing?

SURGERY FIRST
Chopsticks > Spoons

joanna

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:15 AM »
She has an assymetry of the mandible after the surgery. She could have it before but after the treatment it is much more visible. Is it possible to fix this kind of assymetries? Or the surgeon just suggest injectable fillers?

pekay

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 06:15:10 AM »
She has an assymetry of the mandible after the surgery. She could have it before but after the treatment it is mucah more visible. Is it possible to fix this kind of assymetries? Or the surgeon just suggest injectable fillers?

from what I understand first they fix the dental skeletal deformity then perform a fat grafting procedure to correct the tissue

I know that Schendel, Prof MM and Alfaro do this, no idea about the rest
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »
from what I understand first they fix the dental skeletal deformity then perform a fat grafting procedure to correct the tissue

I know that Schendel, Prof MM and Alfaro do this, no idea about the rest

Why didn't Alfaro fix it on her then? I noticed she had a major asymmetry after surgery as well.

joanna

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »
Maybe it is too early after the surgery to fix it.

pekay

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
Why didn't Alfaro fix it on her then? I noticed she had a major asymmetry after surgery as well.

Good question, who knows... maybe it doesn't truly bother her? lack of money? maybe she is waiting til orthodontic treatment is over?
Chopsticks > Spoons

Heavyweight

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
holy hell! Dr. Alfaro performs bi-max surgery in record breaking time, I wonder if this is a good or bad thing?

SURGERY FIRST

Is it just me, or does her mouth look a bit off? It's as if her teeth are too far back relative to her soft tissue. She's also showing a lot of her lower teeth.

pekay

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:39 PM »
Is it just me, or does her mouth look a bit off? It's as if her teeth are too far back relative to her soft tissue. She's also showing a lot of her lower teeth.

She says at 0:28 that she had the surgery a month ago, maybe she is still partly swollen?
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 12:15:56 AM »
you know what? I think the impaction ruined her face honestly. while her gums indeed were too prominent and she had a slightly retruded lower jaw, it seems to me she had much more support in her midface BEFORE surgery --she actually looked A LOT prettier before.

Also, her mandible asymmetry is MASSIVE. I feel bad critiquing someone I don't know like this, but it's important in the sense that we should address what might be done. I'd say that one of the cautionary tales to be taken from this is that impaction without some kind of advancement can lead to the tissue having far less support. Also, I think it's negligent for the doctor to have not fixed her asymmetry. It seems to me that her right (photographic right) ramus did not grow fully down --so she should have probably had distraction first of the ramus and then advancement --this might have fixed the asymmetry. I've seen a case where Schendel used distraction for an uneven jaw so something similar could have been done here. It's just a shame because this girl is quite beautiful in the before and I think it's a case where a greater attention to aesthetics could have achieved a spectacular, not just mediocre result.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 12:20:25 AM »
pekay, i don't understand what she's saying but do you know if her maxilla was brought back at all? I'm just seeing a lot of loss of mid-facial support when she's speaking --that might have always been there, but you can't tell from the pics as much...

Sofia

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 04:41:55 AM »
forgot about Dr. Hernández Alfaro http://institutomaxilofacial.com/

I wonder what his rate is for double jaw surgery

they have no prices on the website, but you can ask here: http://institutomaxilofacial.com/en/appointment
I've heard Dr.Alfaro is top 1 in Spain and they have pretty good medical services and an international services department too....the place looks great btw...

pekay

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 10:40:18 PM »
Chopsticks > Spoons

pekay

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »
alright so I have been snooping this Spanish orthognathic forum and this is what I learned (regarding Instituto Maxilofacial)

a) for the Spaniard lurkers. I.M. does not accept insurance
b) surgery costs around 12K (euros) per jaw
c) you will be treated like cattle, apparently there are dozens of dental students (soon to be surgeons) that do all the consulting (x-ray, ct scan, dental impression, pictures, etc..) Alfaro eventually pops in, talks to the patient for 10 minutes and bolts. you won't see him again til surgery day
d) his rhinoplasty sucks
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
alright so I have been snooping this Spanish orthognathic forum and this is what I learned (regarding Instituto Maxilofacial)

a) for the Spaniard lurkers. I.M. does not accept insurance
b) surgery costs around 12K (euros) per jaw
c) you will be treated like cattle, apparently there are dozens of dental students (soon to be surgeons) that do all the consulting (x-ray, ct scan, dental impression, pictures, etc..) Alfaro eventually pops in, talks to the patient for 10 minutes and bolts. you won't see him again til surgery day
d) his rhinoplasty sucks

WOW. Good detective work for sure. Yeah the results don't look great unfortunately.

martine

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »
Can anyone provide more information about dr raffaini?