Author Topic: DNA appliance  (Read 8634 times)

earl25

DNA appliance
« on: May 07, 2015, 05:26:26 PM »
Im looking into the dna appliance. Ive spoken to some people who had it post maxfax and said it helped strengthen their bone structure.

my question is does skill of the dr matter for this device? it sounds lik its just put it in and see what it does.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: DNA appliance
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:48:04 PM »
Im looking into the dna appliance. Ive spoken to some people who had it post maxfax and said it helped strengthen their bone structure.

my question is does skill of the dr matter for this device? it sounds lik its just put it in and see what it does.

wow that sounds really good. I'm yet to have surgery so it could help. I know nothing about it.

terry947

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:39:03 PM »
earl I'll be straight up with you. the DNA appliance is meh, I dont want you to waste your time.

Its basically a palatal expander. It has bite blocks so if you wear it over a long period of time it'll create a posterior open bite. IMO, the ALF appliance and the orthotropics expander are better. They all do the same thing, light long-term forces changing bones. If you really want to increase bone density it seems like chewing would do that. People's dominant arms are actually thicker and more dense. I believe if you dont use it you lose it. So the more you chew and put stress on your upper and lower jaws the more the body has to compensate in making it more dense and strong.

earl25

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 03:29:42 AM »
what about all those ct scans online showing bone changes all over the face?

earl25

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:44 AM »
i've invested some time into research of these appliances and most of them appear just to cause teeth tipping. There are some successful skeletal expansions on adults documented, but there is not guarantee that anything would work.

I've spoke with guys who invested thousands of $$$ in this and it was just a waste of time and money. They would be better going SARPE, which gives guaranteed results and it may be even cheaper.

but what about those ct scans showijg NEW bone

earl25

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 05:08:57 AM »
i've invested some time into research of these appliances and most of them appear just to cause teeth tipping. There are some successful skeletal expansions on adults documented, but there is not guarantee that anything would work. If this thing always really worked as it's advertised then it would be a part of standard practise, but it's not.

I've spoke with guys who invested thousands of $$$ in this and it was just a waste of time and money. They would be better going SARPE, which gives guaranteed results and it may be even cheaper.

how did you research it?

earl25

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »
yeah, but that's more like an anecdotal case and there seem to be no significant facial changes as well. none of those dentists/orthodontist have something impressive to show, just a lot of talk.

contacted doctors and persons who tried this stuff 1st hand.

ive been trying to find ppl who used it and said it didnt work. ive spoken to 1 person so far and he said it worked. ive seen a lot of patiencnt blogs

earl25

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:55:34 PM »
well the person I spoke to was on miss j board I cant give his info without his permission. he said its def improved his feautres.

the blogs I were referring to

http://dnasmiles.blogspot.com/2012/06/amazing-dna-appliance.html
http://claimingpower.com/beauty-is-a-function-of-facial-symmetry/
http://retainthatsara.blogspot.com/
http://ryan-koch.blogspot.com/2011/02/homeoblock-update-12711.html
http://orgoneproducts.org/blog/tag/homeoblock/
http://facialdevelopment.blogspot.com/  - has ct scans

now I will admit the documentation isn't great but I don't think these people are lying

I figure a consult wont hurt. the doctors ive spoken to claim they have ct scans to show me of real patients who had bone changes

can you post what you've found from people saying it didn't work

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 08:36:50 PM »
oh man i hope this works. i dunno why but i've been hit with the worst anxiety lately. maybe it's cause i know i'm gonna finally see Sinn. All that stuff about teeth extraction on that guy belfor's blog is true, that's what friggin happened to my face exactly. just be thankful you don't get panic attacks. physical problems are nothing compared to mental ones when they strike. it's paralyzing.

earl25

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 04:39:03 AM »
i admit th before and after pics are subtle and diff lighting and angles, but u cant argue with the ct scans. i figure a consult wont hurt. i know this doesnt mean much but all the receptionists for th dr. said they use it and rave about it.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 06:18:43 AM »
i admit th before and after pics are subtle and diff lighting and angles, but u cant argue with the ct scans. i figure a consult wont hurt. i know this doesnt mean much but all the receptionists for th dr. said they use it and rave about it.

i think it's possible it could work earl, but i'm curious won't the teeth spread apart if the maxillary arch becomes wider? And then does this mean you'd need braces again to bring the teeth together?

earl25

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:28 AM »
i think it's possible it could work earl, but i'm curious won't the teeth spread apart if the maxillary arch becomes wider? And then does this mean you'd need braces again to bring the teeth together?

probably but invisalign can fix that. i dont worry about something like that. its easy to fix. bone structure isnt

earl25

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 09:38:17 AM »
this is standard procedure. first you expand, then you align and retain.

I'll probably end with 3 appliances in my mouth; a lateral expander, a transpalatal appliance (retainer) and braces. High chance of getting hit by a lightning with all this metal in my mouth.

Mark can you post your info from people/sources that it just tips teeth and didn't work?

earl25

PloskoPlus

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
probably but invisalign can fix that. i dont worry about something like that. its easy to fix. bone structure isnt

You're gonna murder your gums for nothing.