Author Topic: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon  (Read 22489 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2019, 09:56:22 AM »
That's what I mean. You need to look a certain way to look good in photos, on the catwalk etc. My experience is that many people that would never get work in modelling look as good or better than models in real life.

That's what I thought you could have meant.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2019, 09:56:54 AM »
Like a guy might not find a female fashion model 'hot'. She might not have what he's wanting in a female, eg. lot's of curves. But the FM is there to appeal to what WOMEN  want on some level.

So you think females find very thin women attractive? I think models have to be thin simply because clothes look good on tall, thin people, plus if they were too muscular / had curves, people would be looking at the muscles / curves and not the clothes. Also, very thin people do not look as thin in pictures as in real life.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2019, 10:01:59 AM »
That's what I thought you could have meant.

Yes. Generally, some people look very good in pictures (especially with lots of make-up, lighting etc.) but not in real life and vice versa. A girlfriend of mine did modelling in her teens and her bedroom walls were decorated with her own modelling pictures. Nobody could even recognize her in the photos, she looked completely different. She told me people would come into her room and ask who the person in the pictures was.

sal123

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
Today - sorry I look so s**t just came back from gym

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2019, 11:09:20 AM »
Oh now I see what you mean by model looks - it's true, however, this does not necessarily make a guy handsome or good looking, maybe just average (not ugly, not handsome). On the other hand, there are plenty of men who don't have these features and are still considered attractive by the majority of women, regardless of the fact they would not be selected for modelling work. Which is why I don't think it's a good idea for loads of guys to go out and get jaw surgery / implants to try to get the angular jaw etc. - on some people such as the OP this looks good, on others it would just look unnatural.

Yes. What you say is perfectly true. Guys who don't look like MMs can still be attractive to women. That's because  MMs are selected so OTHER MEN find them good looking.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »
That's interesting, Kavan. I'm almost always unattracted to all models (i.e. both sexes), but people think I'm especially nuts for disliking female models. They look gangly and masculine to me. Same reason I find greyhounds to be unattractive dogs. Not a fan of tall/thin -- it looks sickly and gangly. A normal, healthy, proportional height and weight are nice.

MM look feminine... I always assume they're gay. They're more attractive than female models in that they don't look as sickly. In general, a feminine guy looks better than a masculine woman.

Female anchorwomen with lantern jaws are unattractive, too. Nothing beats a healthy, classical feminine face. Of course this is all subjective. But I think guys who like lantern jaw women are secretly gay or at least more on that gradient.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2019, 11:25:47 AM »
That's interesting. I'm almost always unattracted to all models (i.e. both sexes), but people think I'm especially nuts for disliking female models. Now I know why. MM look feminine... I always assume they're gay.

MM's can look UBER or hyper masculine which is also attractive to gay men.  There was some study out of Harvard (forgot the name of it) where they found gay men find uber masculine very attractive as in preference and more so than females do.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2019, 11:55:55 AM »
That's interesting, Kavan. I'm almost always unattracted to all models (i.e. both sexes), but people think I'm especially nuts for disliking female models. They look gangly and masculine to me. Same reason I find greyhounds to be unattractive dogs. Not a fan of tall/thin -- it looks sickly and gangly. A normal, healthy, proportional height and weight are nice.

MM look feminine... I always assume they're gay. They're more attractive than female models in that they don't look as sickly. In general, a feminine guy looks better than a masculine woman.

Female anchorwomen with lantern jaws are unattractive, too. Nothing beats a healthy, classical feminine face. Of course this is all subjective. But I think guys who like lantern jaw women are secretly gay or at least more on that gradient.

Fashion industry models are those that the SAME SEX admires or on some level, WISHED they looked like the model whether it's a concious or unconcious wish, the latter being the operating principle of the fashion industry; appealing on subliminal level to the MARKET the industry wishes to sell to.

With female anchor women with the large jaws, I believe that has to do with 'handsome' women as in those with somewhat of a 'masculine' element will be LISTENED to more over ones that look like a Playboy bunnies. The latter would be too distracting.

My perspective is one of why a type of look is chosen in accordance to the AUDIENCE or market it's meant to appeal to.

I realize that most (straight) men will have a preference for the PB bunny type over tall thin females with masculine facial elements.  Also, if a guy is 'too' good looking as in like a MM, women might think he's gay.  Ever heard a woman say:

'He's so good looking, he must be gay.'

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2019, 12:02:22 PM »
^ All of that makes sense to me. Seems accurate.

I can also see submissive guys liking the anchorwoman type.
Very young women (TeenBeat years) tend to like feminine guys, and I think this has to due to actual male sexuality being too intimidating at that age. It's almost like they need a female guy as a transition. You never see guys with chest hair and beards in those magazines. It's always Dicaprio types who are basically girls with penises. What's interesting is boys around that same age conversely already like the prototypical female.

This must have something subliminal/subconscious to do with parenting or something?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »
So you think females find very thin women attractive? I think models have to be thin simply because clothes look good on tall, thin people, plus if they were too muscular / had curves, people would be looking at the muscles / curves and not the clothes. Also, very thin people do not look as thin in pictures as in real life.

Not on an overt lesbian like level. But on a level where they might want similar thinness. I'm referring to the segment of women who subscribe to  the images of what the FASHION INDUSTRY puts out.  Applies to men too.

People would not buy the clothes if the model wearing them didn't look good in them. So, there is a level where the market segment of those items, when the market is SAME SEX, finds the models attractive.

Ever heard of females starving themselves, getting anorexic, getting boat loads of PS due to the fashion industries images of what's 'beautiful'?  Ever heard of guys torturing themselves when they compare their looks to men they see hired by the FASHION INDUSTRY (MMs)?

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »
Not on an overt lesbian like level.

Yeah, like I am not gay at all, but I find MM objectively more attractive than FM. The reason for me is they always have really nice beards. My beard is average, so I get jealous.:D I'm also slightly jealous of their height since I'm just average height. It has nothing to do with gayness and it's more just jealousy over a few features you wish you had or you have and wish were a bit better. Also, I think there is some of that "David" (statue) thing going on where as a man you can recognize and appreciate an ideal form.

The incels who worship that kind of thing are another level. It goes beyond appreciating the form and beyond minor/normal jealousy. They want to dominate women and other issues, and they view looks as a means to take that out. IMO they want to look perfect as a means to take out latent sociopathy and narcissism.

I could be wrong. It's a half baked idea based on observation alone.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2019, 12:30:58 PM »
^ All of that makes sense to me. Seems accurate.

I can also see submissive guys liking the anchorwoman type.
Very young women (TeenBeat years) tend to like feminine guys, and I think this has to due to actual male sexuality being too intimidating at that age. It's almost like they need a female guy as a transition. You never see guys with chest hair and beards in those magazines. It's always Dicaprio types who are basically girls with penises. What's interesting is boys around that same age conversely already like the prototypical female.

This must have something subliminal/subconscious to do with parenting or something?

Well ya, an androgynous look; some splash element of the opposite sex will appeal to a type of audience. So, teen females and even non teen females will be attracted to someone like Dicaprio. Secret submissives watching the news might be fapping to Megyn Kelly.

People in advertising and marketing are masters in all the subliminal elements of the audience they wish to appeal to.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »
Yeah, like I am not gay at all, but I find MM objectively more attractive than FM. The reason for me is they always have really nice beards. My beard is average, so I get jealous.:D I'm also slightly jealous of their height since I'm just average height. It has nothing to do with gayness and it's more just jealousy over a few features you wish you had or you have and wish were a bit better. Also, I think there is some of that "David" (statue) thing going on where as a man you can recognize and appreciate an ideal form.

The incels who worship that kind of thing are another level. It goes beyond appreciating the form and beyond minor/normal jealousy. They want to dominate women and other issues, and they view looks as a means to take that out. IMO they want to look perfect as a means to take out latent sociopathy and narcissism.

I could be wrong. It's a half baked idea based on observation alone.

You're actually right for most of it. The MM look WANNABES (often incels) aren't often those wanting to get gigs as a MM. But rather kind of like you say for narcissistic reasons eg. for very attractive women to fall at their feet. Guy's objective being multi one night stands. 'Feathers in cap' situation. Bragging rights. They're not looking to relate to a woman. Just to bait. A lot of them have a DISLIKE or resent for women and are not looking for long term relationships. Just 'pump and dump'for woman and to 'mog' other men.

So, ya, that's different from just admiring the aesthetics of another male.

Fashion industry works on principle of the audience wishing to covet or have what the model has. So, yes, some envy of the audience would work in favor of audience identifying the product being sold with what they envy (look of model). That's how the fashion and beauty industry sells things.

Imagine IF the fashion industry ONLY appealed to people who looked JUST LIKE MODELS.  They'ed have very FEW sales.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2019, 03:13:30 PM »
sorry I look so s**t

Accept this time, but don't let it happen again.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »
And this is your own (biased) perception of male attractiveness, right? ever heard of guys like Lucas Machado or Luca Fersko? Most agencies I know of have this type of guy in their mainboards.

Anyway, the majority of (attractive) women are dating totally average, even under-average dudes, look-wise. They don't give a sh*t about jaw angles, lower thirds, whatever.. haha.. This thread is hilarious <3
When asked to choose between a MM-dude with plain personality & average-looking dude with interesting personality, 8 out of 10 women are going to chose the latter, especially long-term.
Male incel brains are not able to comprehend this ("guy must be rich or have enormous d*ck!?") because they lack the most important feature that attracts (attractive) women- PERSONALITY!   
Again: this thread is hilarious!     

It's not about being beautiful, but about feeling beautiful. If you feel like a bag of crap, then it's reflected in your personality.