Author Topic: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon  (Read 20025 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Custom jawline implant
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »
I don't understand, what's your issue with my honest constructive opinion? I say constructive because iT's honest. If I lied and sugar-coated how could I be constructive? I can't help without being honest can I?

In my opinion the ban was completely unjust but ok, let bygones be bygones.

To the OP: I'm not obsessive, I'm just fascinated with the whole science behind facial attractiveness. Basically if you don't look proportionate (and I'm not talking about you now, I'm talking about anyone), (the 3 facial thirds), you can never be truly aesthetic.
If you're happy with the results that's fine and fortunate

@Kavan: I've never been banned from lookism, only from looksmax due to a mod on a power trip. He's 5'2 and has lost the genetic lottery, and gets off off taking it out on other people.

You had to use different alt on lookism. So that would mean a ban. Looksmax is similar POPULATION.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

StudyHacks

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »
You had to use different alt on lookism. So that would mean a ban. Looksmax is similar POPULATION.
No, I did that because I had used a temporary email address for the accounts and I forgot the passwords to them and couldn't possibly recover them. That's why. I've never been banned from lookism yet.

Post bimax

• Private
Re: Rate my Custom jawline implant by maxillofacial surgeon
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 08:27:38 PM »
Basically if you don't look proportionate (and I'm not talking about you now, I'm talking about anyone), (the 3 facial thirds), you can never be truly aesthetic.

Except that’s not true. The ‘facial thirds’ is a baseline analysis and neither an absolute pre-requisite nor guarantor of good aesthetics. Your assertion that you can never be ‘truly aesthetic’ without perfect facial thirds is misinformed and damaging. Not to mention the phrase ‘truly aesthetic’ is meaningless.

StudyHacks

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2019, 08:39:10 PM »
Except that’s not true. The ‘facial thirds’ is a baseline analysis and neither an absolute pre-requisite nor guarantor of good aesthetics. Your assertion that you can never be ‘truly aesthetic’ without perfect facial thirds is misinformed and damaging. Not to mention the phrase ‘truly aesthetic’ is meaningless.
Truly aesthetic means, at least in my vocabulary, to be attractive to 80-90% of the members of the opposite sex. Ofc I'm not saying OP is ugly, no.

The ‘facial thirds’ is a baseline analysis and neither an absolute pre-requisite nor guarantor of good aesthetics

That's not true. If it was true, then proportions wouldn't matter at all, and you know all too well they matter a lot. I'm a very good example for this, my midface is waaay too long and my upper third is out of proportion too as my forehead's too big which I'm also going to get surgery for.

If you have proportionate facial thirds like MM's, then you can be sure you're going to be found attractive by the vast majority of people and reap the benefits of such a status. If this wasn't true then a compact midface wouldn't be a pre-requisite of being MM-tier.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 08:45:59 PM »
I don't understand, what's your issue with my honest constructive opinion? I say constructive because iT's honest. If I lied and sugar-coated how could I be constructive? I can't help without being honest can I?

If you don't understand you'll never understand.
Even if you truly didn't like the result, instead of your transparent attempt to make yourself feel good by belittling his result, there are ways to say that. You lost the "tact" lottery.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

StudyHacks

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2019, 09:15:27 PM »
If you don't understand you'll never understand.
Even if you truly didn't like the result, instead of your transparent attempt to make yourself feel good by belittling his result, there are ways to say that. You lost the "tact" lottery.
Alright, note taken. Sorry.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:29 AM »
Truly aesthetic means, at least in my vocabulary, to be attractive to 80-90% of the members of the opposite sex. Ofc I'm not saying OP is ugly, no.

The ‘facial thirds’ is a baseline analysis and neither an absolute pre-requisite nor guarantor of good aesthetics

That's not true. If it was true, then proportions wouldn't matter at all, and you know all too well they matter a lot. I'm a very good example for this, my midface is waaay too long and my upper third is out of proportion too as my forehead's too big which I'm also going to get surgery for.

If you have proportionate facial thirds like MM's, then you can be sure you're going to be found attractive by the vast majority of people and reap the benefits of such a status. If this wasn't true then a compact midface wouldn't be a pre-requisite of being MM-tier.

We can pick out dozens of celebrities without 'perfect' facial thirds that "80-90% of the members of the opposite sex" find attractive.  Likewise, there are millions of everyday people with 'perfect' facial thirds that are not as good-looking.

Let's return to your comment for a second:

Looks like s**t. No harmony whatsoever. The 3 facial thirds are not in proportion to each other. Your forehead's way too big for example, your lower third isn't wide and angular enough. I have no idea how your implant isn't angular as implants are supposed to keep angularity contrary to fillers.

Any rational person can agree that his implant objectively does NOT "look like s**t", especially given his baseline bone structure.  His implant AUGMENTED and IMPROVED on what he already had.  His facial thirds are not so out of proportion that his result is not 'aesthetic'. 

In your response you compare his result to the ideal MM structure and complain that because OP is still not MM tier aesthetics, his result is a disaster.  I'm telling you right now that this result is about as good as you can hope for in terms of improving aesthetics with implants/JS, and that it was only achievable because OP had the right 'base' to begin with.  If you're under the delusion that YOU will look similar to a MM after a bimax or implants, or even that you can achieve a result superior to OP, you need to seriously re-evaluate your goals.

sal123

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2019, 09:01:08 AM »
New post today

Bowie

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2019, 09:53:29 AM »
New post today

I mean, you just look hot as hell as far as I'm concerned, but I'm gay, so there we are.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2019, 10:02:10 AM »
I mean, you just look hot as hell as far as I'm concerned, but I'm gay, so there we are.

No you don't understand, he doesn't have perfect facial thirds.  That's impossible

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
The only thing objectively off with his proportions is his eyes are close together.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Post bimax

• Private
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
The only thing objectively off with his proportions is his eyes are close together.

I was being facetious in my reply there, just in case it didn’t translate well via text

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2019, 10:41:49 PM »

Straight woman here, can confirm (I mean, the hotness factor). But then again, what do we know - we don't spend enough time on incel websites to understand what makes someone attractive!

ben from UK

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2019, 11:12:42 PM »
To the OP: I'm not obsessive, I'm just fascinated with the whole science behind facial attractiveness. Basically if you don't look proportionate (and I'm not talking about you now, I'm talking about anyone), (the 3 facial thirds), you can never be truly aesthetic.

Even models have flaws. It's not so bad to have some flaws. Your face doesn't need to fit the golden mask exactly. OP was decent looking, but I can see why his lower third bothered him. It's more 'full' now and he went up in looks a bit. You can't be attractive to everybody, but I would say he's above average and that's okay.

InvisalignOnly

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2019, 11:28:36 PM »
Even models have flaws.

Models typically don't have beautiful faces. The whole idea behind modelling is that the person's body should not distract viewers  from the clothes they're wearing, as their job is to show off the clothes. They don't employ people with a face or body that would attract viewer's attention, no matter how handsome / beautiful or 'hot' the person is. They want tall, lean people with a certain type of face - nothing stands out, no unusual nose, teeth, eyes etc. A lot of average people are much more attractive in real life than models, it does not mean anything about attractiveness that someone could not get a job as a model. For the record, I'm pretty sure OP could be a male model if he wanted to, if he has the height and physique for it (which is actually much more important for modelling than the face).